EastWest Play 6?

Go to solution Solved by steveblu,

Has anyone gotten EastWest Play 6 yet? Is it working out ok? I'm thinking about upgrading, in the hopes that it could resolve some issues.

Of course, I'm going to back up the version I have now, in case it ends up being a disaster!

I am using it here with the latest versions of High Sierra, Logic Pro X, and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 and not seeing any particular problems.

Has anyone gotten EastWest Play 6 yet? Is it working out ok? I'm thinking about upgrading, in the hopes that it could resolve some issues.

What are your issues?

There's 2 that are consistent and haven't been resolved by reboots/trashing prefs.

First one is when I go to load some patches within the browser of a multi-output instance of Play 5, my session will crash. It's usually resolved by a reboot, or opening a new stereo instance of Play 5. I can live with it, but it's a bit of a pain sometimes.

Second one is when I go to load up a session that has 'All Cymbals.ewi' from EWQL Orchestra Library, sometimes the samples for that patch cannot be found. I think I've narrowed it down to the file getting corrupted somehow. I've tried...

• Trashing my preferences for Logic
  • Deleting, re-downloading and re-installing the EWQL Orchestra Library
  • Deleting, re-downloading and re-installing the Play Engine
  • Deleting, re-downloading and re-installing the EW Installation Center
  • Testing EWQL Orchestra Library on my home rig to make sure it works. Then, deleting EWQL Orchestra Library off of the rig in question, and replacing it with the EWQL Orchestra Library on the rig that works
  • I haven't tried deleting, re-downloading and re-installing Logic. Maybe that would be something to consider?

Have you run into something like this? Thanks in advance for your input!

• Solution

What are your issues?

There's 2 that are consistent and haven't been resolved by reboots/trashing prefs.

First one is when I go to load some patches within the browser of a multi-output instance of Play 5, my session will crash. It's usually resolved by a reboot, or opening a new stereo instance of Play 5. I can live with it, but it's a bit of a pain sometimes.

Second one is when I go to load up a session that has 'All Cymbals.ewi' from EWQL Orchestra Library, sometimes the samples for that patch cannot be found. I think I've narrowed it down to the file getting corrupted somehow. I've tried...

• Trashing my preferences for Logic
  • Deleting, re-downloading and re-installing the EWQL Orchestra Library
  • Deleting, re-downloading and re-installing the Play Engine
  • Deleting, re-downloading and re-installing the EW Installation Center
  • Testing EWQL Orchestra Library on my home rig to make sure it works. Then, deleting EWQL Orchestra Library off of the rig in question, and replacing it with the EWQL Orchestra Library on the rig that works
  • I haven't tried deleting, re-downloading and re-installing Logic. Maybe that would be something to consider?

Have you run into something like this? Thanks in advance for your input!

Never mind my rambling, I just figured out my issue after spending a little more time with it today. It turned out to be an iLok issue with EWQL Platinum Plus Samples conflicting with EWQL Gold and Silver Samples. All good! And, Play 6 is great! Been using it for the past couple of hours today.