A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

D_Pimpact
Topic Author

Drum machine designer and third party plugins

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:57 pm

Hey guys, newbie here!

I recently discovered Logic’s drum machine designer (DMD) and wanted to use it with Battery 4, which is where I get all my drum sounds from. Unfortunately I can’t seem to properly import battery sounds to the DMD pads, and thus need your help.
This is how I proceeded:

I opened Komplete Kontrol and tried to drag and drop pads from a Battery kit to DMD but it did not work.
Then I tried to access it straight from Battery and not KK, and this time, assigning each pad to a track with Battery in it as an instrument, with the Battery sound that I want highlighted/activated.
From there, I tried to Midi-trigger my sounds, from the track where the DMD is with but it didn’t work, I only hear my sounds when individually clicking their corresponding track and can thus not play them all together in the kit. Do you know what I might have missed?
Also, if I want my 16 DMD pads with sounds from Battery, do I really need to open battery on every 16 tracks? Because my computer might not handle it. Is their a better alternative? I’ve seen on the internet that It seems easier to drag and drop audio, wav. etc file into DMD… Could I transform my battery sounds into such formats?

Thanks a lot in advance and have a great day!

Ploki

Re: Drum machine designer and third party plugins

Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:43 pm

battery uses samples so i guess you could just "show sample in finder" and drag&drop from finder to DMD which will open it in quick sampler.
frankly using Battery IN DMD feels redundant
<desktop pending> | 13" M1 Pro | Big Sur 11.1 | Logic 10.6.1
RME FireFace 800 / UFX+ | ROLI Seaboard RISE 25 | ROLI Blocks | nOb Control | StreamDeck

fisherking

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:40 pm

yeah, i'm not getting it. DMD & battery are variations on the same theme; why would you not just use one or the other?
LP10.6.3 • os12b • 2019 3.2 i7 imac • one plugin short of perfection
http://upstatebrooklyn.com

D_Pimpact
Topic Author

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:25 am

Thank your for your answers guys! I tried the drag and drop thing from the finder into the quick sampler but it did not work. I think the format of the file is not right to do that.
I understand while using Battery for DMD might seem redundant, but I wanted to be able to have a DMD kit with pads assigned to battery samples and other pads to other instruments like logic drum synth designer, or audio file samples, hence my question.