Complete Logic Pro X Studio Set with New Macbook Pro

Hi,

I currently have a Mac Pro (mid 2010) running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. I am unable to upgrade Logic Pro X from version 10.4.8 I am looking into buying the new 16"MacBook Pro and have deep concerns about rebuilding my studio around it. I am hoping some kind and patient individual out there can explain exactly all that I will need hardwarewise such a new sound card (currently using Symphony I/0) as well as some advise regarding 16 vs 32 bit plugins and compatibility issues with the new MacBook OS.

Any and all advise is very welcomed.

DJ ATOZ

Hey, I know your concerns, I have a 2009 Mac Pro that I updated anywhere I could but it stopped at Mojave and Logic 10.5.1

I still use an Apollo FW.

First question you need to ask, how many simultaneous inputs and outputs do you need? That will determine your options for an interface.

I know you mentioned the new 16-inch laptop, but you have a Mac Pro and a separate screen already. Isn't the Mac Mini a cheaper option to get started with the M1 chip?

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you so much for your response triplets. I appreciate it. At this point I need any more than eight and could probably get away with just two. I was think the iMac with M1 chip might be a better option than the MacBook as it has more storage for the many plugins I have. What might be your hardware recommendation if I go the route of the iMac?

Thanks,

ATOZ