Mac OS X 10.9.1 is out

Overall performance is improved over 10.9.0

Logic Pro X 10.0.4 loads faster, large project playback is smoother.

No problems to report!

For real? :mrgreen:

Yes!

The performance improvement is across the board - launch times are improved for all applications, the Finder is more responsive, Safari page load times are faster.

A nice little speed bump!

I wonder how much of this is 'the placebo effect?' :wink:

I don't notice any performance improvements.

all i know is, when i opened my apps folder in 10.0.0...the icons loaded over generic "app" icons. now, when i boot up and open the apps folder, the correct icons are just there. so a slight speed boost...

haven't really worked in LX yet, but will this week, and will report back if anything to report...

Everything seems snappier with OSX10.9.1 on my 'internet' computer (late 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), but having some odd 'Bluetooth' connection problems w/Magic Mouse, not sure what is going on there (making or keeping a connection is flaky) :?

Still on OSX 10.9 on my studio computer, I might as well upgrade there too :roll: since thing seem to be rather stable, using LP 9.1.8 :| will keep a watch here

Downloaded OSX 10.9.1 on my studio gig... everything seems hunky-dory here :mrgreen:

Edited by rone2him

Everything seems snappier with OSX10.9.1 on my 'internet' computer (late 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), but having some odd 'Bluetooth' connection problems w/Magic Mouse, not sure what is going on there (making or keeping a connection is flaky) :?

Still on OSX 10.9 on my studio computer, I might as well upgrade there too :roll: since thing seem to be rather stable, using LP 9.1.8 :| will keep a watch here

you could remove your mouse from the bluetooth window, and do a new clean connect...

Everything seems snappier with OSX10.9.1 on my 'internet' computer (late 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), but having some odd 'Bluetooth' connection problems w/Magic Mouse, not sure what is going on there (making or keeping a connection is flaky) :?Still on OSX 10.9 on my studio computer, I might as well upgrade there too :roll: since thing seem to be rather stable, using LP 9.1.8 :| will keep a watch here

you could remove your mouse from the bluetooth window, and do a new clean connect...

That's what ended up happening, I had to first bring over a trackpad to get things started, then when I got in there seemed to be a new search for the magic mouse... I still have had a couple of instances where the mouse lost connection, then re-connected; so I'll just have to keep and eye on it ;) ty fisher king :mrgreen:

I've just updated to Mavericks, but now whenever my studio interface is plugged in, Logic Pro 9.1.8 won't read my interface (Firsestudio Mobile) Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this problem?

Have you installed the latest PreSonus Universal Control software (v1.7.2)?: http://www.presonus.com/products/FireStudio-Mobile/downloads

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the discs of Logic 9 which are version 9.1.1 which Mavericks is saying I can't use. I assume this means I need to update to 9.1.8 but as Mavericks ties everything into the app store I imagine it doesn't think I own Logic 9...

what does I doos?

[edit] - for anyone else that doesnt have the update show in the app store just come on here and post and itll show up :D haha

Edited by bobsbarricades

I've got the discs of Logic 9 which are version 9.1.1 which Mavericks is saying I can't use. I assume this means I need to update to 9.1.8 but as Mavericks ties everything into the app store I imagine it doesn't think I own Logic 9...

what does I doos?

I'm using LP 9.1.8 on Mavericks successfully, if that is helpful :wink:

On my system, so far so good between OS X 10.9.1 and Logic Pro 9.1.8.

Do I need to worry about 32/64 bit plugin requirements. I'm realizing I've always run logic 9 in 32 and in researching I think all my plugins are 64 bit compatible (except scchwa stuff) so I'm thinking I'm curious. If I understand correctly its only logic x that REQUIRES 64 bit not mavericks?

edit - yes I have found my answer :D Mavericks doesn't require 32 bit.

hi, I'm quite a newbie….I was just wondering about the same… I have running LP 9.1.8, and all my plug-ins are related to it, so I don't know if I upgrade to mavericks, still using my copy of LP, my plugins will work fine or not….

any hint, or report?

thank you very much

Milagro

iMac 2.7 Ghz i5, 16GB 1600 Mhz DDR, LP 9.1.8

I'm running 9.1.8 in Mavericks and so far everything is loading real smooth. I think Mavericks is more demanding as an operating system all around though so I don't know if it was worth it to get that free Supercharger plugin :D

The only problems I've run into are validation. It's a pain revalidating but I did a clean install and after migration assistant screwed up all of those validations I don't see myself doing migration assistant ever again. Not worth it.

• 1 month later...