3 new free Apple Logic Pro Seminar videos!

Dave, thanks for posting these. They were all pretty cool and had some good little tricks and even a few reminders.

One thing that I'm always somewhat "amazed" to see in this videos is how effortlessly they select loopable regions and move them around. In "Audio Production with Logic Pro" Scott seems to just create seemless loops like there is not trick to it. However, I can almost NEVER do that. I seem to find myself spending way too much time trying to make loop selections. Even one I have a loop selection and put Logic into Cycle mode, I often get a click or pop when the loop comes around. Maybe I can get it to loop in the Sample Editor but when I put that same loop into Arrange and cycle it - 'Pop'-2,3,4,'Pop',2,3,4... It is maddening some days! I normally work with audio recorded from my MPC or Machinedrum which has a constant tempo, even - Scott makes those loops with varying tempo AND with at least 25 tracks. WTF? My guess has always been that in these videos they have rehearsed everything so much in order to make it appear so effortless but I always find that I have to put in quite a lot of effort.

Now I am making no assumptions. Either they rehearse and molest the hell out of those sessions to make them so presentable or I'm doing something wrong/missing something (or both). Am I missing some simple tricks? Some settings in Logic? Some system optimization? Amazing "mouse" skills?

How does one actually make seemless loops that quickly?

My setup.

Dual G5 2.7Ghz

2.5 Gig Ram

Logic 7.2.3

• 4 weeks later...

I've got to say I didn't pick up anything from the Virtual Instruments vid, though it is well done, as with the rest of them.

But the other two I did get one or two tricks out of it... I never realised you could use Audio to MIDI for drum replacement!!!!... That was wicked!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Apple has released 3 new seminar videos based on recent public Logic Pro presentations given at NAMM and Remix Hotel by Scott Wilkie and Vincent Di Pasquale.

Logic Pro Instruments with Scott Wilkie

Audio Production with Logic Pro with Scott Wilkie

Remixing with Vincent Di Pasquale

Hi, David,

I've been trying to watch the seminar videos and can't get this to work. We are on broadband satellite internet service. This wasn't one of the choices for them to set me up with a connection but I did try cable modem and Don't Know options. I went through all the tests, even changed the settings in QT prefs and QT player says it's connecting for awhile but then rests with #504 and nothing happens.

Do you have a clue how I can get set up to watch the videos?

Thanks.

Beder

Beder, did you sign up for the seminars? You have to give an email address every single time you watch one of them.

X

Yes, i signed up, gave email etc. But can't get the video streaming to happen through QT. I don't know if it's because we are on a broadband satellite service.

How do I really get through to Apple on this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Beder

These videos are awesome!

I have but one request: everybody please provide positive feedback! There is a link for feedback on the site where you choose to watch the video .... it is toward the bottom of the screen.

The way I see it is if we give them good - productive feedback, we may see more of these in the future!

BTW - great idea posting this, David!

Thanks!

I believe that you can use the Feedback Forum over at Apple's Discussion forums.

Can you watch any other streaming video with your connection?

Hope that helps.

X

I believe that you can use the Feedback Forum over at Apple's Discussion forums.

Hope that helps.

X

No, the problem is most likely in the slow up speeds to our broadband satellite service. I posted Apple in the feedback area. I hate to miss these presentations. I wonder if there is any other way to get the info. I don't know how long they are. Are they streaming them because the files are too massive in size or to keep them from being copied?

Thank you for your kind suggestions, X.

Best regards,

Beder

Hope that helps.

X

No, and the problem is most likely with the broadband satellite service I've got. The up speeds are too slow and I can't even do iChat.

I did send a post to Apple - thanks. I'm wondering why those videos are streaming. Is it because they are just massive files or is it copyright issues, or both? Either way I still can't see them.

I'm wondering if there is a way to capture them into FCP and then convert into QT. I do have a friend in town but it's a long shot.

I really want to see these. Did anyone out there capture and convert them to QT movies?

Thanks for your concern and tips, X.

Regards,

Beder

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the Digidesign website checking out their Accelerated Videos.

I got to say that I wish Apple would put some more videos up on their site for Logic Pro (wishful thinking, huh?).

Also, though: has anybody else who has seen the Accelerated Videos noticed that our Logic Seminar Videos look strangely familiar to the Accelerated Videos? I mean the way they were filmed, etc? Also .... that instructor for the Accelerated Videos is on some of the Logic Pro videos of the past .... he pronounces Logic as " Logic Pwo !! "

Just thought I would share that with y'all!

:wink:

I've got to say I didn't pick up anything from the Virtual Instruments vid, though it is well done, as with the rest of them.

But the other two I did get one or two tricks out of it... I never realised you could use Audio to MIDI for drum replacement!!!!... That was wicked!!!!

I did not know that either! I have been looking for that for a very long time!

Im intrested in what Scott is using as a Controller/Console. It looks very clever. If it is homemade/put together, can anyone disect the pieces and tell me what they are?

Thanks for the post

Jared

Sorry, I just read the post above me.........

Discard this post