Any suggestions on choosing audio interface? [SOLVED]

I'm just starting my studio and getting my gears together but there are some hesitation when choosing the right audio interface for me.

I'm currently considering between MOTU Track 16/ MOTU 8 Pre / MOTU Ultralite MK3 / RME Fireface UC.

I've narrowed to this group based on reviews I found at this forum, but I'm not sure which one I should go with.

I have decided my budget between 500~1,600 USD, and want to make sure it goes well with Logic Pro X.

But there are so many audio interfaces I can choose, and I'm little bit confused which one would be the best for me.

If there are any new suggestions, I would really appreciate that too.

Thanks! :D

Edited by francesok

Thanks Eric Cardenas!

I think 2 preamps would be enough, but the more is always the better.

I included MOTU Track 16 in the group for its mobility and light weight...I'm not considering MOTU 8 Pre as you said :P

What about RME Babyface? This one looks pretty handy too. Does this go well with Logic Pro X? Any comments?

:D

+I've decided to land on RME Babyface. Thank you for helping me out!

Thanks Eric Cardenas!

What about RME Babyface? This one looks pretty handy too. Does this go well with Logic Pro X? Any comments?

The Babyface is very good interface, specially for it's price.

I would definitely recommend it if you need something that is mobile.

+I've decided to land on RME Babyface. Thank you for helping me out!

Post details

There you go! :D

You're most welcome.

Well I'll try to give you my toughts on this.... Since I've tried almost everything :P

I like to try everything, buy use and sell what you don't like without loosing money!

And sorry for my bad english, my first language is french :P

Sorry for this long reply !!

I've tried many audio interface, from pretty cheap to lot of money (at least for me).

Tried m-audio fast track, avid eleven rack, persons firestudio, Focusrite dsp 24, motu track 16, motu ultra lite mk 3,apogee duet 2, Rme UC, Rme UCX , RME UFX and now the ua apollo quad.....

You can great sounding music with any of these... if you really want to hear the sound quality difference between these interface you need to put a part of your budget to acoustic treatment and a good set of monitors. At least for me before this I couldn't really hear any difference at all......

Then you got drivers stability that is really important and RME for me were the best at this... never had any problems with them!

(No problems with the apollo but too new to judge!)

But with the rme UCX and UFX I didn't really liked the mic preamp on vocals (sounded sterile to my ears) so I start looking for a mic preamp..... bought an avedis ma5.... needed a lunchbox... bought the api lunchbox, wow 5 spaces to fill... bought a compressor (the brute)... sounded really great.... but I wanted to track my acoustic guitar with 2 mics.... sounded a lot better with the avedis..... buy a second one???

Fast forward to early january.. received an email from Jeffrey at vintage king audio...... telling me that the audio interface I was looking at in november, the apollo quad had the thunderbolt upgrade for free until march 31st 2014..... the reason I went with the ufx was that the thunderbolt added a 500$ cost to the apollo .....

Here's one of the emails he sent me back then: " That is great news! So happy to hear you love it!

The Apollo is a great interface for sure…proven as our best seller… the

sound quality is at the RME UFX quality but slightly more musical. The

plug ins are the best! The ability to track using plug ins rivals Pro

Tools HDX for a fraction of the price.

Right now UA is giving away the Thunderbolt expansion for free with the

purchase of the Apollo. This is a $500 value.

I highly recommend this as the top value and performance for the

money.

I sold my UFX, sold my lunchbox..... bought the apollo quad and when I registered use the 6 plugins for 799$ deal....

Today got the UA 7.5 software with the unison 610 preamp cloning thing.....

Let me say that I can do anything with this box, beside the routing ability and the usb recording I don't miss my UFX at all.

To my ears everything sounds better, I love ua plugins they are really incredible. Yesterday I took the quad and octopre to my drummers house. We did a really fast test and mic is drum kit with a few 1176 plugins and this is pretty amazing for the price!!!!!!