MasterWriter 3.0 Just Released

I don't work for this company :| but I do find their app a wonderful tool that enables my own creativity as a song writer, and recommend it to any song writers out there :mrgreen:

A testimonial copied from their web page:

• "MasterWriter was created for songwriters by songwriters, and is an all-in-one application that includes a database to manage your songs and publishing info, numerous dictionary-based tools including rhymes and near rhymes, phrases, alliterations and a massive, content-rich pop culture dictionary. It even includes a built-in audio recorder for capturing song ideas on the fly. This application is songwriter-friendly, easy to use, and comprehensive…"
    -Fett, Performing Songwriter Magazine

MasterWriter 3.0 just released

• 2 weeks later...
MasterWriter 3 seems like a subscription based web clone of version 2. Subscription based software can be a slippery slope. I would recommend taking a look at the Rhyme Genie/TuneSmith combo in this particular software space…a lot more horse power for a lot less silver.

There is nothing wrong with sticking with software that you know. I sometimes still fire up my Atari to run the good old Notator SL before it morphed into Logic Audio and it’s still a whole lot of fun. At least with MasterWriter 2 you still have the option to export your work. I certainly appreciate the MIDI export feature of Notator SL… :mrgreen:

I just want to put my opinion out there. I purchased version 1.0 and found it to be really useless software. Buggy, and just plain over rated. I would save the money and buy a good rhyming dictionary. There are maybe 2 or 3 programs I have bought that actually made me mad. This is one of them.

It just has very little to offer songwriters. There were so many limitations and now being a subscription, this is one piece of software that is just getting worse. They are delusional if they think they are offering any value.

"Written by songwriters for songwriters??. I doubt they wrote anything except the bad code in this program.

If like paying for a few gimmicky features, then this is the program for you. Just my opinion.

To be fair MasterWriter made some waves with version 1.0 because it was the first rhyming dictionary that could find slant rhymes. It just hasn’t been properly cultivated over the years and looks rather underwhelming next to more modern efforts like Rhyme Genie.

I always wondered if the purchase price of MasterWriter is so high because they have to pay royalties to the artists for endorsing their product. Either way the real question is how you will get your songs out of MasterWriter 3 if you ever decide to cancel your subscription.

They are delusional if they think they are offering any value.

+1

my impression is... there's at least some of this going, especially regarding value

from the fallout here... not a lot to boast on except it's new!

again, happy @V2 might checkout the mentions