A good acquirable DAW controller?

I have almost no hardware and want that feel of having sliders (motorized if possible) and knobs, pressing a rec button, etc. at home.. nothing too fancy for around $500 tops.

The Novation ZeRO SL MkII looks complete for example vs. a simpler Samson Graphite MF8.

Thanks

Thanks guys, any differences between the apparently older 'master controller' (darker) http://www.zzounds.com/item--MACCONTROLUNI and the newer 'Pro' (light gray) other than looks?

I am pretty sure the older MCU controllers use different sliders, at least. The new models (like mine) use geared sliders that aren't quite as smooth in operation as were the old ones (from what I've heard), but the new ones are also less prone to malfunction.

There may be some other differences, but I'm not sure about that.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I am awaiting the new Bringer Controller too.

Schucks!

BEHRINGER no longer with Guitar Center

After 20 years, Guitar Center recently decided to terminate our relationship. Frankly, it became increasingly difficult to do business with GC as they sought to increase their profits, which would have forced us to increase our prices to you. We didn’t agree. 25 years ago, Uli Behringer founded our Company on the principle of offering products at “Double the Experience for Half the Price”. ecause Uli was a struggling musician himself, he made it his mission in life to offer amazing products at amazing prices, so YOU can fulfill your usical dreams. This will never change.We thank you for all your loyalty and support. You guys are wonderful! We'd also like to thank all of our independent dealers who share our vision that customers are #1.

Joe Sanborn

Senior Manager, Marketing Communications

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER