The Happiest Day of My Logic Life

After years of frustration dealing with Pro Tools, the excellent DAW that is totally contrary to my workflow, I am so excited to finally be freed from it, as the only reason I used it –the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack– has finally become available in AU format.

AirmusicTech is among the very best in VI makers, imho and I can't wait for my download to finish so that I can get my hands on S.T.R.I.K.E AND Velvet!

Btw, I give myself 20 extra points for that initial run-on sentence...

This is such exciting news! I have always loved Transfuser, Vacuum and I think Velvet is the best electric piano sound emulator that exists. Loom looks interesting and I would love to try out Strike. Going to get this as soon as I have the necessary funds!

Yes, do let us know how Strike stacks up compared to Logic X's Drummer.

Drummer is a virtual drum performance generator, but Strike does not generate drum performances. You want to compare Strike with Logic Pro X's Drum Kit Designer software instrument. In fact you could even use Drummer to trigger Strike! :D

This is such exciting news! I have always loved Transfuser, Vacuum and I think Velvet is the best electric piano sound emulator that exists. Loom looks interesting and I would love to try out Strike. Going to get this as soon as I have the necessary funds!

Sorry for the delay in responding- My trusty mbp was in apple repair of the last three days- guess I shouldn't have dropped it. I purchased the last upgrade before AIR left Digidesign and Digi was bought out by Avid. Anyway, they are issuing a coupon to purchase the pack for $129. SWEET!

Edited by logic8mine

Yes, do let us know how Strike stacks up compared to Logic X's Drummer.

Drummer is a virtual drum performance generator, but Strike does not generate drum performances. You want to compare Strike with Logic Pro X's Drum Kit Designer software instrument. In fact you could even use Drummer to trigger Strike! :D

David, that is a gross oversimplification, imho. Strike does not generate the performances automatically, you might say, but the number of styles covered, number of variations of those styles and the number of fills isn't even close. In addition, STRIKE has multiple intros and endings to choose from as well as off-meter 5/4, 7/8, etc... Then you have the styles Songo, Samba, Afro Cuban, Raggae, Bossa nova, waltzes, dozens of rock, funk and R&B variations- it just goes on and on...

Don't get me wrong, I have grown to appreciate Drummer more than I thought I would. And, I do think Apple does a better job with Drummer generating an 'automatic' performance that can be immediately inserted. Also, Drummer saves the 'tweaks' that you have applied to a region nicely. STRIKE does a better job with variations within the same style and flexibility as respect to dynamics, playing behind or ahead of the beat, number and interchangeability of drums, toms, cymbals, etc... Also, it can be played 'real time' generating a drum performance by changing the patterns, timing, complexity, groove, dynamics, etc... while live recording. And, I still haven't downloaded the new strike yet. I can't wait to see what they've added to this new incarnation...

As you can see, I am a real fanboi of AIR Music Tech in general and this V.I. in particular...

• 2 months later...
After years of frustration dealing with Pro Tools, the excellent DAW that is totally contrary to my workflow, I am so excited to finally be freed from it, as the only reason I used it –the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack– has finally become available in AU format.

AirmusicTech is among the very best in VI makers, imho and I can't wait for my download to finish so that I can get my hands on S.T.R.I.K.E AND Velvet!

Btw, I give myself 20 extra points for that initial run-on sentence...

:lol:

Hahaha enjoy it mate! :)

:lol:

Hahaha enjoy it mate! :)

Thanks,

I am 100% satisfied with the updates to both STRIKE and Velvet. I would have loved to have seen even more presets / styles added but, I realize that the Gospel genre is not a primary concern for the bulk of users. Velvet is my go to EP now along with Scarbee. I am also pleasantly surprised by the results I have gotten from both Vacuum Pro and Loom...

STRIKE is counterintuitive in the way it handles odd meters. I have found it better to record the MIDI performances with the DAW set to 4/4 and change it after the region is recorded. Recording, for instance, a 6/8 preset / style with the Logic set to 6/8 can often produce very interesting results. Particularly, with the fills. It is like the V.I. has just been asked to solve the Middle East crisis. In addition, the resolution to a MIDI Drift I had experienced since the first incarnation of STRIKE is counterintuitive as well. I detailed it here: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=356770

Anyway, the weaknesses of the V.I. are far exceeded by it's strengths. I still love it and it is again my go to drummer...

1941910602_ScreenShot2014-07-23at3_28_29PM.thumb.png.574bbd99c63e8843f52b2f114430b55e.png

829381929_ScreenShot2014-07-23at3_32_02PM.thumb.png.58334f78bc13783e6258fc5e563d9a35.png

p.s.,

I forgot one of my favorite aspects of STRIKE. It has solved my long search the drums of my youth (70's & 80's). Namely, roto toms and octobans..

Hey logic8mine, what has your computer's overall performance been like with the AIR plugins?

Unfortunately for me, Transfuser's graphics move very slow whenever I scroll or do anything really. There's like a one second delay when I expand/collapse any of the modules. I'm quite unhappy about it since Transfuser is amazing and I paid a pretty penny for it. I've also had some hangups and had to force quit Logic. I've already contacted AIR support but all they had do was reset my PRAM and repair disk permissions which did absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

The worst part is that I had this happen to me the other day:

http://i.imgur.com/JOQt316.png

I mean.... I've never seen that happen before.. just pure craziness...

Hey logic8mine, what has your computer's overall performance been like with the AIR plugins?

Unfortunately for me, Transfuser's graphics move very slow whenever I scroll or do anything really.

I''ve never used transfuser and very seldom use Hybrid, though I probably need to get into it more. My MBP is becoming a little dated, so graphics can be slow in general. I notice it in the piano roll primarily. If using my external monitor, the problems are multiplied, and I do see redrawing lag when moving windows around as depicted in your attachment. But, I haven't noticed anything related to the AIR plugins specifically...

Unfortunately for me, Transfuser's graphics move very slow whenever I scroll or do anything really.

I''ve never used transfuser and very seldom use Hybrid, though I probably need to get into it more. My MBP is becoming a little dated, so graphics can be slow in general. I notice it in the piano roll primarily. If using my external monitor, the problems are multiplied, and I do see redrawing lag when moving windows around as depicted in your attachment. But, I haven't noticed anything related to the AIR plugins specifically...

Yeah.... I think an update is in store, especially for the AU version. I mean, they did just release this like 2 months ago so I can forgive the bugs for now.

I am 100% satisfied with the updates to both STRIKE and Velvet.

So I just got the expansion pack for $129, it's just insane! I think I won't have to buy any more plugins for at least 3-4 years. At least, I shouldn't....

Anyway, yeah.... installed Velvet, Strike, Loom, Hybrid and Vacuum Pro yesterday. Just started downloading Structure. Velvet still takes the crown for best electric piano software instrument to exist, at least in my opinion. So happy that I have it again. I only just got into Strike, and man... it blows everything out of the water! It's like Drummer+BFD+Abbey Road Drums+Superior Drummer+Ulrabeat+every other drum machine out there all in one. Very intuitive, great loops, great drum samples, great editor, amazing functionally, it's just sooo good.

The only thing I can wish for is that the AIR team quickly updates all these plugins to improve the AU experience. I feel that there is a slight lag overall with these plugins, especially Transfuser. Hybrid is the only one that responds without noticeable lag and I think its because it's the only one out of the 7 plugins that is a Version 3.0, so I'm assuming that they have already optimized the GUI or coding somehow. Whatever it is, I noticed that it is faster than the rest in this collection.

Loom and Vacuum Pro feature some really great sounds, they are both very powerful synths. Overall, this is an extremely powerful and versatile collection of high quality virtual instruments that is well worth the money you're paying for them.

Congrats,

Strike has been ahead of the curve for years. It has a few important cons as mentioned above but, its many significant pros more than offset them. Anyway, you may not want to hear this but, your mbp represents a significant upgrade over mine. And, I am not experiencing any of this lag with AIR.

I'd start looking at whether I cloned a drive, etc because it may be time to do an erase and clean install of the operating system. Last resort, of course, but after trying dozens of preference trashes, disk permission repairs, etc., my performance was significantly increased when I broke down and erased my HDD and did a clean install. Issues were resolved. My particular problem was with unbelievable latency issues with native instruments and my YSFW audio interface. Not something to do lightly, it took literally days to reinstall everything and get up any running again.

One other thing, I just remembered this: I am unfortunately using my mbp for much more than music, as many musicians do. And, after running into problems in Final Cut X, an Apple tech helped me isolate and identify a conflict with one of Air's plug ins- maybe you are experiencing the reverse. Unfortunately, I do not remember which one. It was not one I use daily- so, I am thinking either Structure or Transfuser.

Unfortunately, when testing their new plug-ins / virtual instruments, developers troubleshoot issues within the DAW's and perhaps other known audio interfaces but they do not at all consider other ancillary software that may be installed on the computer...

I will be calling AIR Tech Support about all the issues I'm facing tomorrow. I heard that their phone support is very good. If they can't give me a solution I'm going to have to hope and pray that they come up with an update to fix the problem.

THANKS EVERYONE HERE for helping me make a decision about buying AIR products. I was very attracted to Loom, Transfuser and Hybrid 3. Looks like they're not QUITE ready for prime time though. I think I'll wait for updates and check back here with The Council of the Wise a little later on. Damn! I REALLY wanted those too! Thanks again, gents.

THANKS EVERYONE HERE for helping me make a decision about buying AIR products. I was very attracted to Loom, Transfuser and Hybrid 3. Looks like they're not QUITE ready for prime time though. I think I'll wait for updates and check back here with The Council of the Wise a little later on. Damn! I REALLY wanted those too! Thanks again, gents.

I don't quite know how you can conclude that they are not ready or require updates. I believe only two of us have discussed purchasing it thus far. Only one of us has experienced issues and there is no indication as to the cause. It may or may not be a problem with AIR. it may in fact be any number of other issues including third party software, corrupted operating system ad infinitum...

I have no issues with AIR on a fairly dated machine...

I fully understand. My only point is this: you have not yet had your system troubleshooted to identify the source of the issue. As mentioned above, when discovering issues with Final Cut X, I would never have considered that one of my musical plug-ins would be the culprit. I have not read of anyone experiencing these particular issues on the Airmusictech forum. That is not to say that they are not.

Further, I am still experiencing a few issues with my current version of Logic X, specifically related to the tempo list, and have dealt with one thing or another through pretty much every incarnation of the updates. But, even in retrospect, I would never -not buy- Logic because it is inevitably going to require updates. The timing of this release: eight months after maverick's, ensures that this was tested on and confirmed to work Mavericks, on the latest Mac's and within Logic X.

I hope they can help you resolve your issues soon

• 1 year later...

Hello all. I am about to switch back to logic pro from protools and have a couple of questions pertinent to this thread:

Can I use transfuser 1.3 in Logic Pro X? If so, where can I download it for mac (I have the transfuser key but I use the software in windows). We used to be able to upgrade transfuser but I can't find upgrades (from 1.3 to 2) anywhere. Was this plugin sold/discontinued? Could anyone shed some light and share links?

Thanks to all in advance.

Daniel

Hello all. I am about to switch back to logic pro from protools and have a couple of questions pertinent to this thread:

Can I use transfuser 1.3 in Logic Pro X? If so, where can I download it for mac (I have the transfuser key but I use the software in windows). We used to be able to upgrade transfuser but I can't find upgrades (from 1.3 to 2) anywhere. Was this plugin sold/discontinued? Could anyone shed some light and share links?

Thanks to all in advance.

Daniel

Saw your other thread about Transfuser but I'll chime in here:

Was this plugin sold/discontinued?

No.

Can I use transfuser 1.3 in Logic Pro X?

No, you can't. You have to upgrade to version 2 which is in the AU format to be able to use it in Logic Pro X.

If so, where can I download it for mac? Could anyone shed some light and share links?

Transfuser 2!

I love Transfuser! I bought the whole AIR Music Technology Expansion Pack last year. I also happen to be one of their Beta testers so I have a copy of their other plugins too (DB-33, Mini Grand, Xpand 2 and The Riser). All of these plugins work great except for the fact that I always get the spinning beach ball when I first instantiate any of the AIR Music Technology plugins. After that, they work perfectly.

• 3 years later...
I downloaded the trial version of Transfuser and I found it completely unintuitive. It probably depends on what you want it for. I was looking for something to create my own drum sequences (easily). The user manual was not helpful either. It is more of a promotional text! And why would you begin with "what's new"? How can this be interesting to the first-time user?