Using Dropbox and Logic.

Are you sure, they just announced it as new. It's not the same as sharing a link. It has an independent "page", that can be customized. So with the download link, you sent to someone, looks similar to the recipient as Wetransfer. It's an improvement for when I distribute files. Looks way more professional.

I'm cross platform now so had no real choice but to go with dropbox, And while i was setting up my devices they imposed the device limit about 2 days in which REALLY annoyed me. I'm still faced with the decision on which plan to use, as i do like the dropbox 180 day retention plans.

Trouble is, i have cloud backup which is continually indexing while i work and has 'unlimited' retention, i don't know how they will work in tandem and whether i want to spend time testing it and changing my core save locations so both are indexing.

I also don't know if i trust Google with confidential data, but it's certainly clearer to see what's going on than icloud (Which in the past has randomly 'lost' files for me), just seems to offer a deeper level of control and integration to me. If icloud was cross-platform it would be my preference for security reasons.

Other than that I think the actual dropbox mechanics and service runs well particularly across different OS's - and the ease to share a file is a godsend when you're on the move. Don't see any CPU load issues with it, luckily.

Well chromium framework is definitely available for the paid version :D

I'm already paying for additional iCloud and am trying to slowly migrate to it. If I don't get finder integration I don't find dropbox all that useful, and the desktop app is a no-no for me. Check your memory resources after a while. Dropbox is always top3 here.

• 2 months later...
Old thread, but I found a simple solution. Go oldschool and save the song not as a "Project" but as a Folder. Zip the folder, put it in Dropbox. Works perfectly.

I also zip my projects as it's safer and ignores extra folders. Are you saying to rename my project folder as just Projectname.zip

That will ignore the extra folders?

• 1 year later...

Can you explain how you keep these folders in sync between machines over the internet, i.e. which folder to create a symlink of and where it should be located?

Do you create a symlink to the /Application Support/Logic folder and put it on dropbox, or Desktop (with iCloud desktop and Documents syncing switched on)?

Thanks!

Now that with LPX symlinks work again, I've got synced Logic ~Library/Application Support/Logic folders on my desktop and laptop, so every time I save any preset like channel strip etc (and even got a custom folder for sample instruments, which I manually duplicate on my external sample drive periodically), I've got them available on both machines as soon as the up/downloading happens in the background. Love it.