What Are Some MUST HAVE Reverb and Delay Plugins for Logic P

Hi, I am running Logic Pro 9 on a Mac Mini (late 2012) with 2.3GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 1TB HD, OS X Yosemite, with 4 Presonus Firestudio Project interfaces, giving me 32 mic pres directly into Logic, I run guitars through my Axe-FX via USB straight into Logic, and I am just starting to get into the whole mixing aspect of everything. Just now learning about compressors and limiters and such.

I was hoping some of you lovely fellow Logic users could shed some light on what some of the best Reverb and Delay plugins there are out there. What are some of the top best MUST HAVE Reverb and Delay plugins that I should add to my collection in Logic!?!?

ANY and ALL help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Before you spend any money, I would check out Space and Delay Designer and Tape Delay (my favourite Logic delay). Once you tire of those for delays I like:

- echoboy (sound toys)

- Roland Se-201 (UAD) and/or EP-34 (UAD)

- h-delay (waves) is good and may be on sale this month

For reverbs:

-EMT 140 (UAD) is my favourite; also like 250

Another +1 for Valhalla. I've got Room and use it as my go to reverb, and just picked up Ubermod the other day after demoing it for a really long time. I always ended up throwing it on guitar for a tape delay when I play at home and nothing comes close to how good it sounds. It is an awesome chorus as well.

For delay I use either the Logic delays or Native Instruments Replika

However, for reverb, it is always QL Spaces

It's not the most "editable" reverb but there are plenty of presets and they sound GREAT

I've used it on just about every song after I bought it; orchestral, rock, electronic, etc.

I love Valhalla Vintage Verb. At only $50, it is a steal. It has been mentioned by several people here already. I love Space Designer but it is a convolution reverb and I wanted to have the option of having an algorithmic reverb as well. With Valhalla Vintage Verb and Space Designer, I'm pretty much covered for reverbs.

As for delays, I'm still using all the stock Logic delays (Delay Designer, Tape Delay, Echo). I'm interested in getting Echoboy but it's a little pricey so I'm going to have to save up for it. Until then, I seem to be getting by pretty well with the Logic delays.

I believe Space,Designer is also an algorithmic reverb, just press in the Synthsized IR button. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what that button does.

Nope, what that button does is it generates Impulse Responses (IRs) mathematically and those are then used by Space Designer, as opposed to using SDIR files that either come stock with Space Designer (or custom SDIRs).

As long as the reverb plugin is using IRs, then it is considered a convolution reverb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I believe Space,Designer is also an algorithmic reverb, just press in the Synthsized IR button. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what that button does.

Nope, what that button does is it generates Impulse Responses (IRs) mathematically and those are then used by Space Designer, as opposed to using SDIR files that either come stock with Space Designer (or custom SDIRs).

As long as the reverb plugin is using IRs, then it is considered a convolution reverb.

Ah right!! I was never actually sure how that worked, but I see your point. If it uses an IR synthesised or sampled, it's still considered an algorithmic reverb.

By the way, that H-Reverb above was released almost a week ago. It's getting some pretty good feedback across the forums. Check out the vids, especially the In Depth Tutorial by Michael White. Even if you don't like the song, it shows a good range or the H-Reverb's vocabulary.

http://www.waves.com/plugins/h-reverb-hybrid-reverb#shaping-your-reverb-with-h-reverb

Logic has the convolution reverb covered with the very capable Space Designer. The only thing lacking is a really good algorithmic reverb. I love Eventide's UltraReverb. But also take a look at the offerings from Exponetial Audio, Acon Digital and Valhalla. The delays in Logic are also very good...as mentioned, Tape Delay and Delay Designer. But if you want to add some major fun, try PSP 608 and PCM85 or FabFilter's Timeless 2.

No nono no nono, no need to spill precious $ € £; there IS a really good algorithmic reverb in Logic: the AUMatrixReverb. It sounds much better than it looks. It can be found under 3rd party plugins (!) > Apple. It adds no extra latency, and can be used on individual tracks because it has a relatively low CPU-hit (for a reverb). It's also very useful as a monitoring reverb for vocal recording.

1965692590_pic2015-05-18at14_29_55.PNG.7b2fdd2725c455b2622cb5a60f6e5b47.PNG