2008 Mac Pro upgrade?

Q. Does installing PCIe cards such as the OWC Mercury Accelsior SSD blades help a Music-dedicated Mac run LOGIC any better or add speed?

My computer currently does NOT have any PCIe cards in it.

I am considering upgrading my Early 2008 Mac Pro until I can upgrade to a new system. I recently had to replace my Video card, after replacing it, it got me thinking about other ways i might improve my Mac for reasonable prices.

All experienced replies welcomed.

Thanks for the reply. When you installed the Blades, did you notice a huge speed increase immediately?

also curious, did you upgrade anything else during that same time? .i.e: any Solid State Drives or a New Video Card or such?

When installing SSDs, the first thing you'll notice is faster boot times and programs launching faster.

But it won't make Logic run faster or handle more tracks and plugins. Plugins are still CPU dependent.

I had a 2008 8-core and then I bought a used 2009 8-core and that difference was really noticeable, because the whole computer was faster by design.

When installing SSDs, the first thing you'll notice is faster boot times and programs launching faster.

But it won't make Logic run faster or handle more tracks and plugins. Plugins are still CPU dependent.

I had a 2008 8-core and then I bought a used 2009 8-core and that difference was really noticeable, because the whole computer was faster by design.

Thank you for the reply.

Q. Are "Blades" different than SSD's. I have seen Blades like the OWC offerings with and without SSD's attached. I was considering adding just Blades, what is their primary function if anyone knows? ...my computer currently has NO PCIe cards installed.

I did recently install a 480gb SSD as my main boot drive in Bay 1 and noticed faster startups and faster program launches as well.

If there was an appreciable gain when using Logic, I was considering installing Blades as well in an effort to speed things up, but perhaps the cost vs. Logic benefit isn't worthwhile for my music computer. I am looking for some reasonable upgrades that would benefit Logic.

I have 10GB of Ram now, since it's fairly inexpensive, might adding more Ram be beneficial in some way or be any help to LOGIC if anyone has an opinion regarding that?