Sound Module USA To UK Mains Converter

Its an older nineties sound module getting in touch with the manufacturer is not what i wanted to do but i do not see why not you can just open the module up & get it modified from someone who knows what they are doing,i know a place i will be ringing tomorrow to see if i can get it done i was hoping some people have had done with some of there gear,i can use an external step down voltage converter but it would be nice to get it done permanent internally without using a step down voltage converter all the time.

No that would not help at all it is not about the module I am buying it is a modification question that has nothing to do with the company,I want to know in general instead of using a step down convertor is it possible for a electrician to do this internally to a module do people ever get this done when buying modules from other countries!... :shock:

But lets say I was buying a Roland JV1080 from USA that was USA voltage only & I needed to change the electric voltage to UK how would you do this now you have the name of a module?

No that would not help at all

:?

Well, OK, if you say so. Good luck then.

In general it is sometimes possible, sometimes not, and often not necessary. But again, it completely depends on the unit itself, and the only way to find out is via the Googlymonster by searching on the make and type of the unit.

As I did for the JV 1080.

1205103794_pic2015-06-22at10_23_14.PNG.5b129b38233bbbc966e9ef7f5b8e2485.PNG

Only a few gear feature only one voltage. In this case you have to buy an external converter. You have to make sure it has enough power to feed the gear in question.

Most of the gear switch themselves, means you can just connect them and power on.

Some gear can do both, but you need to switch them manually. Usually they have a switch on the back. Some (like the Manley Massive Passive) have an internal switch, that is easy to switch yourself.

My 8 Alesis 3632 were only 110V. I bought them in the USA. There were no switch, whether external nor internal. But the modification was "easy", since the PSU was already prepared for both. Needed to solder a cable. I guess they do that, so the common customer buys the stuff at their country. The Alesis were the only one I ever encountered to be so restrictive. Besides some really old vintage gear. These were the only ones that needed a converter.