Apollo Twin Noise problem ?

I bought Apollo Twin Duo recently and started recording. I am experiencing something that I am concerned about. Whenever I put gain all the way up even without any plugins on my Console or in my DAW noise is so loud. It gets progressively worse as I turn the knob all the way up. I used interfaces before but none of them was this loud in the noise floor area. Is this a malfunction ? Its impossible to me that this is normal. I made mp3 of the noise and attached it in a zip file. Thats noise that is coming from full gain ON without anything on that input. Should I return it or how do I go about it ? I have a 2014 Mac Book Pro, Logic X and I record with highest quality bass cable and a good instrument. Even if I don't plug any cable into apollo and I put volume loud and GAON all the way up, just gain itself makes hiss and if I put both gains for both channels up hiss is even stronger. It sounds the same on all channels. Just hum and hiss.

Any ideas ?

Apollo Noise.mp3.zip

• 6 years later...