Best WAV to MP3 Converter?!

Long story short, I don't have the project files anymore, only the WAVs of the projects. I want to convert them to MP3 so I was wondering if there was a recommended converter that provided the highest quality conversion process possible? I appreciate your time and help/recommendations.

You can use iTunes.

Check the import settings to change the file format.

Otherwise just create a new project, import the wavs and renounce them as mp3s.

Yup, iTunes. Fits all of my mp3 conversion needs for free :D

Thank you also for taking the time as well to chime in and reaffirming the recommendation. It is appreciated!

I find iTunes to be very clunky for conversion.

My recommendation is X Lossless Decoder: Lossless audio decoder for Mac OS X for batch conversion. It uses the LAME decoder for MP3 and handles all possible formats.

I use this:

http://sbooth.org/Max/

or this if you fancy a nice GUI

https://www.macroplant.com/adapter/

(i actually use this one for video)

both free

Yikes, this is what I suspected and that's why I asked in this forum since I know most of the posters here are producers and have experience with this.

Eric, what do you mean by clunky? Not as many settings as you would like or simply inferior in conversion quality?

Ploki, which one have you seen being highly recommended by the community? I don't care as much for GUI as I do for quality.

My recommendation is X Lossless Decoder: Lossless audio decoder for Mac OS X for batch conversion. It uses the LAME decoder for MP3 and handles all possible formats.

+1

I like iTunes in many ways otherwise, but absolutely recommended to put an XLD alias on your dock or desktop and drag & drop a file on it, conversion done in no time!

+1

I like iTunes in many ways otherwise, but absolutely recommended to put an XLD alias on your dock or desktop and drag & drop a file on it, conversion done in no time!

Appreciate your time and help. XLD does seem to be very well regarded.

Also thanks to everybody who contributed earlier and mentioned the alternatives to iTunes.

I really really like Adapter as an all-round converter. Its by far the neatest in my opinion and very easy for quick-n-dirty fix.

Last but not least, you can use Apple's own "Compressor" - whats nice about it, is that you can make "droplets". So called "stand-alone apps" with predetermined settings on which you drop things to be converted into something.

You're welcome!

:)

I really really like Adapter as an all-round converter. Its by far the neatest in my opinion and very easy for quick-n-dirty fix.

Last but not least, you can use Apple's own "Compressor" - whats nice about it, is that you can make "droplets". So called "stand-alone apps" with predetermined settings on which you drop things to be converted into something.

I do like how modern it looks and feels in comparison to the other two. I appreciate your time and input, it truly helped as well!

I will convert with all programs and give the songs a listen with a fresh ear tomorrow because I am burnt atm, been mixing all day.

Again thanks to all!