Nektar Panorama Logic Integration Update

Hey people, I'm Leon, who created the mapping app to be used with the panorama, the cloud feature is running, in fact it has been for a while but i've been busy with work to finish it off and get it out to people, saw this thread and decided to make a post.

Would really appreciate it if you guys using it could give it a try and let me know how it goes.  I can tweak as per your suggestions and then hopefully have something that works for people to share mappings, and then i can go back to Nektar and see what they think.

Any other ideas throw them out.

I'm particularly interested in the program change/patch presets discussed on here that can be imported into Logic, if you want a central place for these files i can upload them and run a database for people to retrieve them, and/or set up an app for that to be automated too.

Anyway, Get latest build from here and let me know how it goes:-

http://getpatched.co.uk/downloads/apps/nektar/panorama/nkPanoramaLogic_Tool.zip

Hello I'm just getting to grips with your instrument mapper tool and had a question: 'in instrument mode' you can assign the faders/buttons/encoders on the left of the keyboard but you only seem to be able to map one page of them. If you go to a new page in the 'encoders' pane, the faders stay the same.  does this mean that the controls to the left can only be mapped once, i.e. not multiple pages? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, Just got hold of a P4.  Really enjoying it so far except the alchemy mappings are completely messed up for some reason. Using logic X 10.3.2 and the default alchemy mappings show loads of parameters unnamed and unchangeable.  I'm seeing funny values like 0.500000cent and 16hz with no label.  I've tried reinstalling everything but it's always the same.  Anyone else getting this?

You mean on the screen of the hardware that displays?  I've seen that a few times, and i've had controls to strange things, to fix i've always Turned the Panorama off first, then removed the Nektar Control Surface entries, and reset control surface assignments to default in Logic, Quit Logic, then turn the Panorama on, and restart Logic and let it re-assign itself properly again.

Yeah on the panorama display.  But its not just the display, the controls don't function either.  

I took your advice and deleted the control surfaces and reset the defaults.  Restarted logic and made a new project with an instance of alchemy.  Press Instrument on the P4, then use the data knob to navigate to the "tune" page (for example) and what I see is every parameter's label as a "-" and the top row says 0.0% for the value and the bottom row says "16hz" for the value.  Moving any of the 2x4 rotaries does nothing. Also the second set of 4 faders do nothing at all.  This is with the default plist too, I haven't edited it (yet!).  Totally bizarre, everything else seems to be working properly, just not alchemy.  What version of logic are you using?

I just deleted the alchemy plist file.  Then went to alchemy and saved the default patch as the user default to create a new plist.  Comparing the two it seems that the numbers in the plist provided by Nektar don't at all match the numbers in the new plist alchemy has generated. Looks like it needs to be updated... I guess I've got a long night ahead of me...

I have hit a snag.  The CSParameterOrder.plist generated for Alchemy is incomplete.  The end of the file looks like this:

<string>359 Poly PB 70</string>
	<string>375 Poly PB 86</string>
	<string>391 Poly PB 102</string>
	<string>407 Poly PB 118</string>
	<string>423 LFO 7 Rate</string>
	<string>439 LFO 7 Delay</string>
	<string>455 LFO 7 Attack</string>
	<string>471 LFO 7 Phase</string>
	<string>487 AHDSR 7 Attack</string>
	<string>503 AHDSR 7 Hold</string>
	<string>519 AHDSR 7 Decay</string>
	<string>535 AHDSR 7 Sustain</string>
	<string>551 AHDSR 7 Release</string>
	<string>567 Sequencer 7 Swing</string>
	<string>568 Sequencer 8 Swing</string>
	<string>569 Sequencer 9 Swing</string>
	<string>570 Sequencer 10 Swing</string>
	<string>571 Sequencer 11 Swing</string>
	<string>572 Sequencer 12 Swing</string>
	<string>573 Sequencer 13 Swing</string>
	<string>574 Sequencer 14 Swing</string>
	<string>575 Sequencer 15 Swing</string>
	<string>576 Sequencer 16 Swing</string>
	<string>577 Sequencer 1 Attack</string>
	<string>578 Sequencer 2 Attack</string>
	<string>579 Sequencer 3 Attack</string>
	<string>3140 </string>

This means I don't know what the numbers are for quite a few parameters such as all LFO parameters except LFO 7! Same for AHDSR and Sequencers.  Also missing are the voice "Wait" parameters....  Anyone know how I can find out the numbers that correspond to these 'missing' parameters?

Cheers man. That plist is for an earlier version of logic.  The latest update (10.3.2) changed all the parameter numbers for alchemy.  I have been in touch with Tim from Nektar who has confirmed this.  He has also been on to apple about the missing parameters in the plist.  Until apple get back there is no way to resolve this :(

• 6 years later...

Hi there 🙂

Old thread, but I thought I'D reactivate it. Just got back to my Panorama P6 trying to get used to it after all these years. Latest update and firmware here on Logic 10.7.9 on a Mac Studio M1 Max on Monterey.

There are things I can't get my head around even after googling for solutions.

1. I don't want to have plugins opening up once I switch to another track. I know this has to do with the link-feature in the upper right corner of the plugins, but even if I switch to "off" plugins open up again when switching tracks. 

2. I don't understand how I can select the effects in order to make use of the P6's knobs and sliders. 

Cheers folks, nice to see that this place is still alive. 🙂