The best/most reliable fader controller interface for LPX

Hi, I'm about to upgrade to LPX from Garageband but firstly want to make sure that I will be able to get a fader interface controller to work properly with it.

I've read a lot over the past few days about the 64 bit issues which won't allow the Presonus Faderport to work with LPX and that the software/driver updates don't always work. Have also seen people asking about fixes for the Behringer BCF2000 to get it to work also. The only unit that I've seen that works with no issues (yet :D ) is the Mackie one, but that's £1000! :oops:

So, all I'm looking for is something that does exactly what the Presonus Faderport is supposed to do, but actually does it.

Or is it a case of buying a Faderport and hope I can get it to work properly with LPX?

Thanks!

The Faderport actually can be made to work with Logic Pro X, you just need to find the 64-bit midi device plugin and manually move it into the Logic app folder via "show package contents". You'll have to do this after every update as well. Its been a while since I looked this up but its out there in a support post by Presonus somewhere.

The Frontier Alpha Track also can be made to work, and also requires some diligent googling and workarounds.

I recently changed from a Faderport to the Alpha Track and I love it. It doesn't require an external power supply and displays a lot more feedback about what is going on. The Faderport was great though too, and easier to find.

• 4 months later...
The Faderport actually can be made to work with Logic Pro X, you just need to find the 64-bit midi device plugin and manually move it into the Logic app folder via "show package contents". You'll have to do this after every update as well. Its been a while since I looked this up but its out there in a support post by Presonus somewhere.

The Frontier Alpha Track also can be made to work, and also requires some diligent googling and workarounds.

I recently changed from a Faderport to the Alpha Track and I love it. It doesn't require an external power supply and displays a lot more feedback about what is going on. The Faderport was great though too, and easier to find.

Hi.

i've been having issues with my Alphatrack and thought about getting the Faderport to replace it!? First off, are there any big Faderport bugs running Logic 10.2.2 and OS 10.10.5 and above? The problem I'm having with Alphatrack is that touch mode doesn't release reliably (or at all) when mixing and having Plugin Latency Compensation set to "All". In order for this to mis behave I must have latency inducing plugins on my master buss (which I always have while mixing:UAD, Slate, etc). I can get it to work fine if I change Plugin Latency Compensation to "Audio and Software instrument Tracks". I realize this isn't the end of the world, just annoying and, sometimes, things are out of sync and distracting in this mode. Thanks for any input!