What frequencies should my sub bass be hitting

I am creating an off beat trance sub bass and am wondering how low it should go across the frequency spectrum? At the moment i boost the eq at around 30HZ by as much as 10 db! The reason i do this is that when i look at professional trance tracks, they have all this low end showing on the logic multimeter at about 30 Hz when the sub bass comes in. My sub bass has none of this area showing unless i boost it massively with the eq. But when i watch tutorials online, no one seems to boost this area. I guess ideally i want to know what frequencies are needed so that the sub bass stands out as its supposed to on a club sound system?

i think 30 hz is way too low. most mastering engineers do a high pass at about 20hz. that means anything below 20hz is filtered out of the cd final as most speakers can not go anywhere near that low. also if you are boosting at 30hz by 10 db what kind of monitors are you using to hear the results? in my pro studio i have a pair of JBL 4435 studio monitors  which have double 15inch speakers left and right. i think they only go down to 35hz. so if your monitoring on anything smaller than 15 inch monitors then you won't accurately hear the results of your EQing. for sub kick the lowest i would EQ boost would be maybe 65hz ( using a parametric ) but then so as to not destroy speakers with dc component i would do a hi pass at 25hz. also most medium size PA systems often have a option for a band pass filter at about  40hz to protect the gear from injury. so once again i think 30hz is way too low. good luck with your endeavours. buddha

Thanks for the informative answer mate! I will take your advice and not do any eq boosts. I use a pair of mackie HR824's which also go down to about 35 Hz. When i do the 10 db eq boost i cannot tell much difference, sounds like i have a bit more bass but the main reason as i say, is that when i look at pro tracks on the multimeter they have a lot going on around 30 Hz and below when the sub bass comes in, which i do not have without the eq boost. When i have watched tutorials tho, they never say too boost as much as i am doing and in the area i am also. I am using logics built in eq with a 20 Hz (48db/octave slope) cut at the moment as that is the lowest cut you can do anyway. Thanks for the advice :)