"party" in the studio. do you do that?

Hi

No general forum... so let's post that here.

I just wondered if you sometimes have a "party" in your studio. If alone or with friends, listening loud to your own productions, with beer or whatever alcohol you like? :-)

I'm just doing that. Alone though, but I also have here and there friends here. Most of them are customers, but become also good friends. Not s party for everyone. Only very close people.

I have a little PA system that can be very loud. And there are bo neighbours. Perfect!

Here and there I need this. Being in the studio and just party. No producing. No mixing.

What about you?

Cheers and happy easter

Murat

In the 70's & 80's in the 24 track studios it was a given although expensive. The band didn't get much done on those party days and with rates being upwards to $150 an Hour the engineers looked the other way. In my home studio the strongest thing being consumed in there is Coffee.

Back when Shaq was recording his debut LP a member of his entourage dumped a Cola Soft Drink inside the SSL Console. It cost several thousand dollars to clean the modules by hand. The studio sent Shaq the bill. He had been warned! No Food or Drink in the Control Room.

• 5 months later...

Hell yeah. I've had 3 dance parties in the biggest band room, in the last 3 years.

i have dual 18 subs and JBL15s in a quad system in there and the room is Big. (12 by 8 meters) the  system pumps hard. obviously a non working day. 

keep your eyes on the control room and put your mikes in the drum room before people arrive. 

don't invite idiots...

if you own the studio do anything you want,,,,,

I used to "party" in my studio area, even sometimes while working. But I've found for myself, I prefer being sober when working and doing anything with my studio gear. No judgement from me if you like to do things differently, but that's how I like to operate. 

My studio is in my home, so if I want to have a listening party and partake in any intoxicants, I just render the files and move everything to the living room where we can listen on my stereo system, lounge on the couch, and be away from gear/etc.

Once a year in August I have an open house event on my farm for audio engineers in Denmark. Pop by if you're ever in Denmark. Lots of loud music and drinking, but no drinks and food in the studio.

That's about as close as it gets for me.

I'm designing a studio for a well known Danish producer/artist/DJ right now and there's a lounge in the back end of the studio, which is important to him for the mood, especially when he has featured artists working spotaneously with him. Lots of smoking and drinking, so we're installing a new powerful (but quiet) ventilation system.