Serious help with Sampletank 3 in Logic X???

Without a doubt the most confusing program I have ever used in conjunction with Logic X....Sampletank 3. The manual for Sampletank barely explains anything. I'm ready to throw my MacBook Pro against the wall. :lol:

Does anyone know how to get a specific drum groove onto a software instrument track?

Here's a pic:

552164861_ScreenShot2017-05-23at10_49_30PM.png.d968f498efd892204753e3ffad884c50.png

Thanks. 

Hi Deckard1

As far as I understand the (slightly unwieldy) loops in ST3, basically a MIDI note is just an on and off trigger for each of the loops and you decide what sounds/loops go where dependent on the key you press. You record the on (and then off again) key presses into a MIDI track on Logic and then it plays it back. As it triggers an audio file you’re stuck with the BPM it’s set to, so not sure if it’s really that useful.  I haven’t really got on with it too well and so haven’t used them to any great extent.

Hope that answers the Q. 

Yeah, if you really want a Neil Peart type kit, you should get specific drum plugins like Slate Drums or Addictive or BFD.

A sampler plugin is a waste for what you're trying to achieve in my opinion.

I'd rather use the Logic Drummer and tweak the sounds.

Why so? Just curious.

I actually own a couple of those: Slate Drums and Superior Drummer. That's exactly what I am looking for, by the way. Neil Peart style sounding drums. Logic drummer doesn't get you there in my opinion.

Does anyone know how to get a specific drum groove onto a software instrument track?

There is no direct way of doing this, i.e. drag and drop. However, if you go into your Sampletank 3 main folder and look within the "Patterns" sub folder, you will find all of the grooves/patterns in MIDI file format. You can then simply drag the MIDI file into Logic.