External Keypad for Key Commands

Hello

I edit in Logic Pro X, and am getting quite used to the key commands. However, with such a small keyboard (Apple's Wireless Keyboard), I sometimes find it uncomfortable to move around and hit key commands after long periods of time. I was wondering if there was an external keyboard, the same size as a number pad I guess, that I could map specific commands within Logic to (such as record, loop, inspector etc.). This would also mean I could put it on my piano keyboard while I record.

There is the Stream Deck by Elgato (https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck), which I would love, but it is a bit expensive. If anyone knows of a similar product (just without the little screens which I assume adds to the price), I would love to hear of it! 

If not, is it possible for me to buy an external number pad (like this: http://bit.ly/2qyfix8) and map the keys to certain functions? I could print labels, but I don't know if it is possible to remap keys on a Mac.

Thanks

Jack 

However, with such a small keyboard (Apple's Wireless Keyboard), I sometimes find it uncomfortable to move around and hit key commands after long periods of time. 

I don't think you particularly need to purchase a keypad for what you want to do. Instead, I would highly recommend remapping the key commands to your liking instead of using the stock ones which are kind of all over the place. I use the wireless Apple Magic Keyboard because I wanted keep the key commands consistent between my Mac mini and MacBook Pro. The first thing I did was I deleted the key commands I knew I would never use... basically the ones for the Score Editor, Environment, Step Editor. Then I assigned the ones I use all the time in a way that made sense for me to remember them easily. I use a lot of single key key commands... I just like it that way. I do everything with a keyboard shortcut... I don't ever use the Toolbar or the Menus.