Necessities in a iMac?

Im looking into getting a iMac for my home studio instead of using my laptop. What are some of the main specs I need to look at and what are the main requirements the iMac would need to meet? Also, does anyone know where I can get one cheaper than the normal asking price?

Is it easy to install an SSD? I've never done that before. And how much does a good one cost? Im kinda clueless when it comes to the inner workings of computers and stuff.

You can't on the new iMacs. Gotta order it from Apple with an SSD.

And on the old ones it wasn't easy to replace the HDs.

All-in-one computers are not meant to be user-serviceable in the Apple ecosystem.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 3Tb fusion drive in my iMac, which is basically a 3Tb SATA drive coupled with a 128Mb SSD but functioning as a single drive. It has a dedicated microprocessor that manages storage in the background such that your most commonly accessed file (including the OS) are stored on the SSD, making for a fast system, but with a fairly large internal storage. Assuming it's still an option (I bought mine in 2014), it's worth the extra $200.