Waves SSL E-Channel <$30- Worthy addition to LPX?

I'm currently saving up for a new bigger display, but an offer dropped today on the Waves SSL E-Channel, and it looks exceptional value at the moment.  $24.89 at AudioDeluxe if anyone's interested.

It's a bit of a no-brainer at that price, but as it's quite an old plugin now, was curious what anyones thoughts are on it?  I'll be using it mainly on a Mac Pro 2008 8x2.8ghz machine so i'm hoping it's going to be pretty CPU Friendly as it's quite old and is something i'd quite like to try on each channel if it gives good results.

I've never used SSL emulations before so curious as to how it stacks up vs Logic's own EQ/Compressors in parallel, i do like the hi/low pass filter concept, and having it all on the one screen may be quite nice as i can map to my mackie for the controls i use most.

However, i've got waves bundles in the past and made very little use out of them, which is why ok, it's cheap, but if it doesn't really offer much outside of LPX stock plugins then i'll leave it.

Thanks in advance!

Bought it yesterday so I can only give my first impressions nothing in depth, so far it's exceeded my expectations, very light on cpu, I'm using a 2011 mbp, sounded sweet on the drum bus with a track I was experimenting with yesterday, nice and punchy.

Do like the ssl plugin eq's and comps for drums, especially like the hipass filters on this and the slate fg-s, fond of the low and hi mid section too, found the compressor was ok after I played around with it a bit, need to spend a bit more time with the expander and gate section, still love the gate on the metric halo channel strip, as far as channel strips go.

Not used it on every track, probably just use it to shape individual sounds and busses if I'm looking for that more upfront ssl sound, think it's worth getting, compliments the stock logic plugins, yet to give it a try with the ssl style bus compressor in logics compressor plug. Picked it up for $21.31 at plugin discounts using the code DK39S in the coupon field, can use this code at audio deluxe and everyplugin too.

I've used the SSL plugin for a while, and I have come to relay on it a lot. As mentioned, it's CPU-efficient (unlike some Waves plugin) and the compressor is quite intuitive and natural. The gate works better as a gate than as an expander, so it's not ideal for dialog, but for $30, yes, by all means its worth it.

Well, had a few hours with it now, and i think it's great!!

It really does do wonders on drums, the EQ has a kind of focused/roundness to it - which i can't explain, maybe tuneful is a word i would use to describe it?  Hi pass filter and then a boost on the low end seems to really add punch to the kick with minimal fuss, i mean.. It's super quick to dial in.

Also, it's refreshing to use an eq which hasn't got any visual aids or analysis, i really like this a lot - it's very back to basics and using your ears which is wonderful.

I've found it to work a treat on vocals too, to bring them forward.. And again, a bit of punch to them.  Fantastic stuff.

Just gotta work out the expander, at the moment it's a bit confusing, well, the routing is, but i see there's a manual - damn i'd love something like this in hardware!! :-/

So glad i got this now, so thanks rolz, it was very quiet till you replied so i thought i was just going to stay clear.  And you came in with a recommend AND money off!   (You must be a proper brummie lol).

I do declare I'm a sucker for bargains, seen this pop up and asked myself do I really need another channel strip, glad I got it though as like you said it's so easy to dial in, kind of hope they have the bus comp from the ssl pack on sale soon too, but I get the feeling this might be juicy bait for upgrades. 

If that code belongs to somebody and isn't generic from waves they must have enough for mercury by now as it's done the rounds, been using it to get a few things in the last couple of months.