Confused about EQ Anaylzers

Hi. When using EQ analyzers sometimes I see things that don't quite make sense to me. I want to make sure I fully understand exactly what I'm looking at so I have a few questions that I would appreciate answers to.

Here is a screen recording of a Fab Filter Pro Q 2 analyzing an electronic music track with a kick hitting on every beat. Note that at this point in the arrangement there is no bass or sub bass part or any other low end instrument. It's just the kick. 

Here's the clip I was analyzing  https://clyp.it/piu3a4yp#

And here are my questions

1. The plugin seems to be saying that every frequency from 150Hz down has equal energy when the kick hits. I've seen this with many other tracks that I've analyzed also. I don't understand how this can be possible. In my monitors (Adam F5s) and in various pairs of headphones, the frequencies below 40/50Hz are very faint yet the analyzer shows them to be just as loud as the main frequencies of the kick which are between 80 and 200 Hz. What is the explanation for this? I know that the lower a frequency is, the less readily audible it is to our ears but even taking this into account, it is very surprising that the 50Hz-and-under range would be just as loud as the 80-200Hz range in this kick. I would expect the sub range to have more energy than your ear would lead you to believe but I would never expect that it would have just as much energy as the more audible fundamental frequencies of the kick. Is there an explanation for this or am I reading the graph incorrectly?

2. The rightmost scale which has the digits in grey - Is this a dBfs scale? And if so, does this mean that if a track is peaking at say -6dB on a track fader in logic then the peak level in the Pro Q 2 interface should also be at -6dB on the rightmost scale with the grey digits (assuming you're using pre-fader metering)?

3. The scale next to it with the digits in yellow - what kind of scale is this?

Thanks for the help

Yes, a sub-audible frequency can have great power ... which you can't hear.  The pure-physics of the matter is that a lower-frequency sound has more energy ... hence, the fog horn.

Since it is useless to have those frequencies pushing the speaker-diaphragm around (and with great gusto!), you should attenuate them completely.  Get rid of 'em.  Save your energy – literally – for audible lows and for the high notes.

Edited by MikeRobinson

Hi. When using EQ analyzers sometimes I see things that don't quite make sense to me. I want to make sure I fully understand exactly what I'm looking at so I have a few questions that I would appreciate answers to.

Here is a screen recording of a Fab Filter Pro Q 2 analyzing an electronic music track with a kick hitting on every beat. Note that at this point in the arrangement there is no bass or sub bass part or any other low end instrument. It's just the kick. 

Here's the clip I was analyzing  https://clyp.it/piu3a4yp#

And here are my questions

1. The plugin seems to be saying that every frequency from 150Hz down has equal energy when the kick hits. I've seen this with many other tracks that I've analyzed also. I don't understand how this can be possible. In my monitors (Adam F5s) and in various pairs of headphones, the frequencies below 40/50Hz are very faint yet the analyzer shows them to be just as loud as the main frequencies of the kick which are between 80 and 200 Hz. What is the explanation for this? I know that the lower a frequency is, the less readily audible it is to our ears but even taking this into account, it is very surprising that the 50Hz-and-under range would be just as loud as the 80-200Hz range in this kick. I would expect the sub range to have more energy than your ear would lead you to believe but I would never expect that it would have just as much energy as the more audible fundamental frequencies of the kick. Is there an explanation for this or am I reading the graph incorrectly?

2. The rightmost scale which has the digits in grey - Is this a dBfs scale? And if so, does this mean that if a track is peaking at say -6dB on a track fader in logic then the peak level in the Pro Q 2 interface should also be at -6dB on the rightmost scale with the grey digits (assuming you're using pre-fader metering)?

3. The scale next to it with the digits in yellow - what kind of scale is this?

Thanks for the help

1. resolution of the analyzer is not high enough. There's a limit to fft analyzers and the speed/resolution is tightly related.  if you set resolution (bottom right, where it says "analyzer" to Very High, it will show a more detailed representation of what you're hearing. Also slower, less responsive. Also, CPU usage will go up.

your monitors cannot possible reproduce anything below 52Hz, as per the specifications. Reality is probably 60ish (Adam tends to hype their specs). and yes, as per fletcher munson, our hearing gets worse very fast towards spectrum extremes.

2. Yes, dBFS, and yes, it should be the same. Unfortunately I cannot download your clip, but when i try with random clips, Pro-Q peaks do mirror those of logics own channel meter.

3. it's a boost/attenuate scale. so, "gain" of eq.