Entry Level Control Surface

Hello,

First post here.  I am fairly new to Logic and am old school and prefer to touch knobs and faders.  I'm looking at a few entry level interfaces and am wondering if anyone has used them.  I'm really looking for more of a "hands on" approach to working with the logic interface, but would like to do some basic automation as well.  Mainly interested in mixing board controls but would be open to being able to use the interface for plugs and software instruments.  The three I am looking at are

Korg nanoKONTROL Studio

Novation Launch Control XL

Akai professional MIDI Mix

I know from reading this forum that some folks so don't bother unless there are motorized faders, but I'm not ready to spend that much money yet.  Seems like a compromise might be the Presonus faderport.  Seems like this might be the best option even though I can only work on one channel at a time, or fader group.  Any direct experience with any of these products would be greatly appreciated.

I just read through the manuals on all 3, and did some quick google search about how all three work with Logic.

Just from reading alone, it looks like the Korg nanoKontrol XL would be your best bet.

Well, if I were to choose between the three, it's what I'd buy based on my research. 

I am looking for something mobile for my laptop and ipad, so I may just get it yet.

I had something similar to the Faderport, called the Alphatrack. 

It seemed like I'd like working on only one track at a time, but it ended up not really meshing into my workflow.

I've heard ok things about the Faderport. 

For just a touch more momey you could try the Nektar Panorama P1. I had the P6 (keyboard version) and it worked like a dream.

I hope all this helps, good luck!

Thanks so much for your response Pranaearth.  I didn't think anyone was going to respond.  I went ahead and got the NanoKontrol2 which is a mini version.  Had to download a couple plugs.  Haven't played with it much so far, but it did move faders and pans.  Seemed like the best bet for a new guy to Logic as it was only about $60.

• 2 weeks later...