speaker buzz/hum

I've found I've had various causes of hum/buzz over the years. I had a touch lamp on one of my speakers which caused buzz. Cordless phone base too close...buzz. I currently have an Apogee Element 24 with Element Remote. If I have speaker mute selected on the remote then a there is a beeping/hum that corresponds to the remote's flashing led.It's not loud, but there. If I have the mic button selected on the remote there is a hum, even when there is no mic or cable connected to the inputs...this one took me forever to figure out...and again, not loud, but there.

Anyway, It could be a few things. From what I've read, if the hum remains at the same volume even if when you turn the speakers all the way down, but disappears when you disconnect the inputs, it could be a grounding issue. If you have hum regardless of vol or input changes, it may be the speaker itself.

Hum issues are frustrating. Best of luck with it.

So I pulled out the XLR cable and also swapped the power cable but the buzz continued.  So it's not the cables.  

Would the most cost-effective way to solve this be to buy a new speaker?  (a JBL LSR2325)

Thank you. 

Did you try swapping the speaker inputs as well? That can rule out the speaker being bad if the hum switches as well.

Hi triplets, 

What do you mean by swapping the speaker inputs?  The XLR cables?  The only connections are 1 XLR and 1 power chord per speaker. 

Swapping Left and right. That way you know if the interface is part of the problem or not.

Take the left output of the interface and put it on the speaker that is not buzzing.

If the buzz continues now on the other speaker then the problem is either the cable or the interface.