Kontakt (non player) instruments when transferring Logic projects between setups

Hi there

I'm trying to get myself into a situation where I can work interchangeably between desktop and laptop setups -- e.g. freely transfer Logic projects between them.

Big problem is I have a lot of Kontakt (non-player) instruments.  On the mobile setup, I'm running my libraries from a Samsung T3 drive, and on the desktop setup I run my libraries partly from disk and partly from an external hard disk. 

All my VIs that are Player instruments or proper VI installs know where to find their samples on the laptop setup, since specifying this was part of their installation process.  But for non-player instruments, as far as I can tell I need to point Kontakt to the samples each time I transfer a file between desktop and laptop setups (for various reasons, including a bizarre very limited character restriction on the name you can give to the T3 drive, it's not possible for me to replicate the paths of the samples as they are in the original projects on the laptop setup).

I tried a batch resave of one of the libraries on the laptop set up this afternoon, hoping that this would make Kontakt 'get the memo' about where it would look for those samples when I open a project on the laptop set up using them, but this didn't seem to make a difference. 

I find it hard to believe there isn't a solution for this but I can't think of anything -- any advice much appreciated.

Cheers!