Help with translation issues from computer to iPhone???

Hello,

Is there anyway to equate, or maybe calibrate is the right word, two listening systems? I'll mix a project with my Apple earbuds plugged into the headphone input on my MacBook Pro and get all the levels of the project to where I would like them ideally to be. But then, when I bounce the project down and listen to the project on my iPhone with the same Apple Earbuds, the project sounds completely different levels-wise. Drives me nuts.  :?

Does anyone know why the two listening systems sound so different and if there is a way to equate, or calibrate, my iPhone so the same project sounds the same on both listening systems...computer and iPhone???

Thanks. 

Hi deckard1

I have 3 suggestions, the first 2 you’ve probably already checked:

1) Check that iTunes on your phone doesn’t have soundcheck enabled

2) Check that iTunes on your phone doesn’t have any equalisation settings enabled

3) It might be the impedance of the relevant headphone output on each device, although I have no idea if they are different (I suspect they might be though)

Hope you find a solution.

Hi deckard1

I have 3 suggestions, the first 2 you’ve probably already checked:

1) Check that iTunes on your phone doesn’t have soundcheck enabled

2) Check that iTunes on your phone doesn’t have any equalisation settings enabled

3) It might be the impedance of the relevant headphone output on each device, although I have no idea if they are different (I suspect they might be though)

Hope you find a solution.

Thanks, Garfy. 

Soundcheck and EQ are both disabled on iPhone. If it's the impedance than why would certain instruments be louder than others as compared to the computer's output through the headphones. There would just be an overall volume level difference between the two if it was impedance, correct? I honestly don't know. 

Presonus has a 1/4 inch headphone output. Would that make the difference? I guess I could get an adapter for the smaller earbuds input to make it 1/4 inch? I like to mix on the MacBook with earbuds straight in. 

I just want the mixes to match using headphones (computer and iPhone). It's driving me mad. 

Thanks. 

Thanks. Will do. 

I have a pair of Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I never use them. When I listen to my projects for fun I like to listen on my iPhone with my Apple earbuds. When I mix with the Sony's the translation is even worse. The Sony's are too bass heavy compared to the Apple earbuds. 

I have a pair of Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I never use them. When I listen to my projects for fun I like to listen on my iPhone with my Apple earbuds. When I mix with the Sony's the translation is even worse. The Sony's are too bass heavy compared to the Apple earbuds. 

Use the Sonys. You'll have a better idea of how your mix sounds until you get some actual powered speakers.

Use the earbuds for the iphone.

Funny thing is that those Sonys have actually less bass compared to real studio speakers.

Use the Sonys. You'll have a better idea of how your mix sounds until you get some actual powered speakers.

Use the earbuds for the iphone.

Funny thing is that those Sonys have actually less bass compared to real studio speakers.

Thanks!!!