Effects Loop on Amp and running stereo effects through it???

Go to solution Solved by triplets,

Hi,

I am using the headphone output on my Radial Headload Prodigy attenuator for silent practice through my Marshall DSL40C. I am also using some effects through the effects loop on my Marshall amp. The DSL40C has a series effects loop. Is there anyway to get the effects to run in stereo going through the effects loop by chance? Everything is sounding in mono now through the headphone out on the Radial Prodigy attenuator. Sounds awful. I figured I have something set up incorrectly possibly. 

For the effects, I am running a Behringer FX 2000 effects rack unit through the amp's effects loop. 

634012905_ScreenShot2017-09-10at10_07_41PM.png.884dfcd9bf829e39bbb47a7e373bd1b1.png

Thanks.

109630507_ScreenShot2017-09-10at10_05_08PM.png.002d8c8d8872fcaec5085e20771b59b1.png

Just wanted to add my present setup:

I am using two Y-cables for the connection...TRS on one end and two TS cables on the other end.

So, TRS cable into send on amp and then one TS cable to the right input on Behringer and the other TS cable to the left input on Behringer. Out of the outputs on Behringer I am using the second Y-cable back into the return of the amp. 

Or, do I need two separate heads? 

95848352_ScreenShot2017-09-10at10_35_31PM.png.6c9483a20989a754fe83e638cdbdd754.png

• Solution

Most amp effects loops are mono. Stereo effects loops would have 2 sends and 2 returns.

The Behringer effects rack is meant for studio patching, that's why it's TRS. Meaning it's balanced but only carries a mono signal per channel.

Remember that for stereo you need two speakers, each with it's own connection.

On your Marshall combo it's not possible to generate a stereo signal.