iMac Pro

clunky 27" display.  sheesh, i am waiting so badly for a new trashcan or similar, or 8-core macbooks.

Did you even read the specs?

Processor

8-Core or 10-Core or 18-Core

Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz

Memory

32GB or 64GB or 128GB

Video

Create a powerful workstation by connecting two RAID systems and two 5K displays to the four Thunderbolt 3 ports. Then see your work on a 44‑million‑pixel canvas

clunky 27" display.  sheesh, i am waiting so badly for a new trashcan or similar, or 8-core macbooks.

Processor

Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz

Memory

32GB or 64GB or 128GB

Video

Create a powerful workstation by connecting two RAID systems and two 5K displays to the four Thunderbolt 3 ports. Then see your work on a 44‑million‑pixel canvas

I did, I said I'm not fond of the form factor.

I want an apple with USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports because i dont want to invest in peripherals that have effectively obsolete ports, and i don't want it to ship with a giant screen.

Also, I want to put the computer fans AWAY from my ears and head. (obviously im not gonna run 27" Retina screen closed in a closet with external screens.)

So basically, I can't get a modern apple computer that doesn't ship with a giant screen, or that has more than four cores.

Processor

Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz

Memory

32GB or 64GB or 128GB

Video

I want an apple with USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports because i dont want to invest in peripherals that have effectively obsolete ports, and i don't want it to ship with a giant screen.

Also, I want to put the computer fans AWAY from my ears and head. (obviously im not gonna run 27" Retina screen closed in a closet with external screens.)

So basically, I can't get a modern apple computer that doesn't ship with a giant screen, or that has more than four cores.

Actually, the Macs tend to become obsolete more that the attached peripheral devices.

Case and point...

I have a MacMini server that I could upgrade to 16GB of ram and I have two 500GB 7200rpm hard drives in it. They don't make that anymore.

MacBook Pros can't upgrade their ram.

Yet, thunderbolt is still there with both Macs.

I have thunderbolt on the MacMini server but I've yet to use it since I have 2 500GB 7200rpm hard drives not to mentioned that I have a USB3 hard drive connected as  well.

I own a iMac and have never had a hearing issue with the fan because I've never heard it.

Now I'm waiting on seeing what the price will be on this new iMac Pro.

Actually, the Macs tend to become obsolete more that the attached peripheral devices.

Case and point...

I have a MacMini server that I could upgrade to 16GB of ram and I have two 500GB 7200rpm hard drives in it. They don't make that anymore.

MacBook Pros can't upgrade their ram.

Yet, thunderbolt is still there with both Macs.

I have thunderbolt on the MacMini server but I've yet to use it since I have 2 500GB 7200rpm hard drives not to mentioned that I have a USB3 hard drive connected as  well.

I own a iMac and have never had a hearing issue with the fan because I've never heard it.

Now I'm waiting on seeing what the price will be on this new iMac Pro.

Yeah but I already have to run a dongle with my audio interface. When i replace my equipment, computer, audio interface, etc, i don't want a ton of dongles, I want a direct USB-C TB3 connection. And if I buy the terribly outdated TB2 trash-can, while or the peripherals is moving to TB3.

+ i want to be able to move stuff. I can't afford two high-powered machines, and sometimes I work elsewhere. Carrying a 27" iMac or only a trashcan or a macbook is two different scenarios.

+ maybe i want a different screen setup?

in either way, stick the iMac Pro specs in the trashcan form and I'll poor money over it.

+ I want the superfast drive from the new MBPs. 

You know, I want an up to date desktop solution... Without a screen... And I bet thousand of people do to.

And fans from iMacs and MacBooks are terrible when in a *quiet* environment such as studio. It's a big difference if the machine is in another room or even behind the desk, then if its blowing directly to your face.