High Sierra Compatibility

It works.

You can update the firmware so that it registers as a 5.1 instead of a 4.1.

I haven't, and won't for a while, upgrade to High Sierra, but I have had Sierra on a former 4.1, now flashed to 5.1 since early this year and it has worked flawlessly. The "flashing" can also be reversed, if you ever had a need for it, simply by running the program again. The only thing is that I have one of those wifi cards that are not compatible with Sierra for some reason, but that's not an issue for me, as the computer is wired and other gadgets connected wirelessly via Time Capsule.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On the subject of 4,1 -> 5,1 firmware reversibility, don't forget that IF you upgrade the CPUs to e.g. X5690 6 core 3.47 Ghz and IF you upgrade the memory to 1333 Mhz, then IF you decide, e.g. in a drunken downsizing, to revert to the 4,1 EFI, you are going where few men have gone before, as your system will not boot until you pull all those higher end components out and put the old ones back in (whew!). This caveat in the spirit of limitation of liability, like the stickers on hammers that read "do not hit family members in the head, do not use as a toothbrush".

Oh, I need to check that for my home computer. It means, that I can only go up to Sierra max for both computers. Probably will stay on El Cap as long as possible. But one day, the next Logic version will ask for a higher OS, then I'm screwed :(

Not really screwed!

The latest version of Logic, 10.3.2 is great, and works fine with El Capitan.

So why would you want to take a chance moving to the next Logic version anyway?

I am also sticking with El Capitan, all great generally.

Happy days!

Oh, I need to check that for my home computer. It means, that I can only go up to Sierra max for both computers. Probably will stay on El Cap as long as possible. But one day, the next Logic version will ask for a higher OS, then I'm screwed :(

Not really screwed!

Happy days!

Let's hope Apple don't increase the upgrade pace, and asks for Sierra or High Sierra with 10.4.

Not really screwed!

Happy days!

Let's hope Apple don't increase the upgrade pace, and asks for Sierra or High Sierra with 10.4.

That seems to be the Apple's business plan indeed...