Albelton Live 9

Can anyone here help me with an Ableton Live 9 question?

I have just downloaded an update for Live 9 as I have just bought a Push 2.

It worked for a bit, but then I downloaded my Fireface UCX driver and Live will not open, I just get the beach ball.

I have de selected the driver in ac Prefs but it still won't open.

Can anyone help with his please?

Many thanks

Dan.

Hi again guys.

Sorry to bang on about this problem, but as I am getting zero help from Ableton I just wanted to check something with you if you have time.

I solved the problem by re installing the OS. It's working fine now but I am unsure about installing the drivers for my sound card. I will need to do this of course, but do you think I should get in touch with RME to see if there is a conflict?

(can't see anything online)

Its a Fireface UCX 400 sound card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan.

Yeah, why not. I read that RME has a good support. But you'll find that out yourself. 

Meanwhile you could clone your system drive to have a clean installation of your OS ready, before you install the USB-drivers. Then install the drivers, if it still breaks, at least you can go back in a couple clicks and a couple minutes. 

I'm a little confused about your RME model: 

Is it this one?

https://www.rme-audio.de/products/fireface_ucx.php

Or this one?

https://www.rme-audio.de/products/fireface_400.php

The latter doesn't have USB at all. Then I'd ask why you install USB-drivers. 

Hi again guys.

Sorry to bang on about this problem, but as I am getting zero help from Ableton ...

Dan.

I'm sorry for your troubles and I really don't have any answers to you, but I'm interested, just checking, did you exchange further emails with Ableton? They've not gotten back to you? If you only posted on the forum, the Ableton team might not get back, as it's not a generic single-person support platform really, but THEIR posts are usually for ALL or bigger groups of users and the email support is the place to tackle case by case issues. That said, I'd absolutely get in touch with RME, as they're responsible for any specific drivers you might need.

Good luck!

Hi Darude.

I'm sorry to say that Ableton where absolutely hopeless, I have just got a reply, exactly six days after I contacted them.

I could't post on the forum either due to another problem. The Berlin phone line wasn't working either. It's a big shame as I chose Push 2 over other 'live' devices and am pretty disappointed to be honest. I was on a deadline, so in the end I did a full OS re install and that cleared out the problem. RME were great, it wasn't a driver issue.

Thanks very much for your post's.