iMac recommendation

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm looking to upgrade my platform (my Macbook Pro at 2.0 gz is bumping it's head ever since I added Line 6 Helix Native to the mix). How much iMac to I need to run everything smoothly. I won't be doing anything heavier than Logic on it. Thanks

Personally Triplets, I would not recommend an i5. I know many disagree and I respect that, but I  think i7's do so much better with Logic Pro

Of course i7s are better. But they're worth more than 1300 even on a used iMac. You would have to look at iMacs from 2011 and 2012 to be within the OPs budget.

Generally speaking, you want the best CPU you can afford. Your DAW will hit your CPU harder than any other program, if you're using lots of FX plugins and soft synths. 

If you're not using lots of soft synths, you'll probably be just fine with the 3.4 recommended above. You might even prefer it for tracking because it'll run a little cooler and quieter. Bumping up to the 4.0 i7 adds to the price a fair bit (refurbs are ~$2k).