Superior Drummer 3...anyone???

• 2 weeks later...
Just got it last night. Incredible. Huge improvement over SD2.

in which areas?

care to elaborate? I'm really curious

I'd say sound quality...most notably built-in SD3 effects, choice of drum kits, tweak-ability, and navigation. By navigation I mean the search engine is laid out really well. Toontrack incorporated a lot of EZDrummer 2-like features with regards to navigation. So, it's kind of like EZDrummer 2 on steroids, if you will. There's also an audio to MIDI file converter which I haven't used yet. Where you can take an audio drum track and SD3 will convert it to MIDI for you.

The only drawback is the entire library...all of SD3 in other words...is 245GB's when installed. I didn't install the surround sound features though which is 100 GB's by itself. That's pretty big...145 GB's...considering I work on a laptop. I put the library on a thumb drive using the USB 3.0 input on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Not wickedly fast but fast enough. Apparently, there is a way to distribute the entire library on your computer so the entire library is not located in one place. I haven't done that yet though.

Still diving into it but those are my impressions so far.