I admit, I just became Ableton user. Other here using both?

Hi 

Today I saw the Ableton 10 announcement, plus 20% discount for v9 including free v10-upgrade. Was thinking for a long time to get Ableton, today I couldn't resist anymore  :mrgreen:

At the moment I intend to use Ableton for creative jamming and live arranging. But mixing in Logic. 

Last week, when a customer came, we discussed about Ableton. He described how cool and fast it is to be creative, and for arranging. He's also a Logic user, but a rookie there. When he watched me mixing his project, he admitted, that Logic seems way better and faster in mixing than Ableton. We'll see. 

Any other Ableton users here, that use Logic and Ableton alongside? Hint and tipps for a rookie? What to avoid? What are the common "thinking" or workflow "mistakes" for longtime Logic users?

Cheerio

IMG_1509654928207.thumb.jpg.a3897cbbe351efb1e07e05baa6b4d397.jpg

PS @Mods: Please don't ban me  :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't see myself going away from Logic, but I collab with people and often Live is a common platform, so I know it decently, I've had it since version 1, I think, initially for, ehm, live shows. Pre-ordered 10 the other day. They're finally adding multiple-fades, multi-region midi editing, automation snapping and several other great features that Logic has had for a good while. Oh, 'Capture', too. Signed up for the beta program, can't wait to test out the new stuff.

I am stubbornly resisting giving Ableton a shot. I really don't need it anyway. My brain isn't good enough to handle another DAW. Waiting to see what Logic offers next. I don't have any concrete evidence or anything but something tells me we will all be pleasantly surprised, based on what the recent updates have brought us so far.

I am stubbornly resisting giving Ableton a shot.

I recently had to give it a shot in order to work with a client... I couldn't stand it. Very confusing interface IMO. I suppose it's a great tool for live performances, starting/stopping sequences and keeping everything in sync... which I personally don't need.

Surely is a VERY different way of doing things, and by any means nobody has to do it, but I’ve found it refreshing to work on Live on these collabs I’ve done. That said, though, I’m quite familiar with it as I’ve had it for a looong time AND people I’ve worked with are good with all the little Live specific stuff, key commands, routing and quirks, which helps. Having to look at different looking things and thus frankly mixing more with your ears can be a nice change and for whatever reason Live inspires me to do different things, crudely put for eg. more house style than my usual more layered trance-ish stuff.