buying a UA Apollo interface for Logic?

The main difference between the 2 is the number of mic preamps and the output options. Nothing really in relation with Logic. In what way does it make you hesitate between the 2? Same DSP capabilities between the two. Do you intend to plug an ADAT expander to it? In both you can bypass the preamp and go direct to the converters.

Blink

P.S. just thinking... with the current promo, buying a 8P will give you an Octo Satellite which will give you 12 DSP chips. Very tempting...

PPS. damn, we pretty much have the same setup!!!

I have a twin 2 duo with an audient 880 hooked for extra micpre's via adat, in my I opinion the interface is great!! but the software lacks "which i imagine will be the same experience with the bigger cards" same software.... constantly hangs/ crashes, wish i went RME

Really??? I never once had a crash or hang of Console 2. What do you do/insert when hangs or crash happen?

Blink

• 1 month later...
Read my sig :). Can't be happier than with my Apollo Quad Firewire so far. Just need to remember make a blank console before mixing. You don't want the DSP already 30-40% loaded before loading other stuff into the DAW. I will of course eventually go Thunderbolt, but it's an amazing piece of kit!, really can't go wrong. Beware GAS at Xmas times though LOL.

It has ADAT anyway. (two!) so you can connect 16 additional channels at 44.1/24 or 8ch @88.2/24

you can buy additional preamps and connect them via ADAT, then connect the clock via BNC wordclock connector to use converter clock from UAD (which is supposed to be good).

+ you have more flexibility with aftermarket preamps, you can buy couloured ones, cheap ones if youre strapped for cash, and upgrade to better ones (Even better than those on UAD apollo.

I use my RME with much cheaper Presonus Digimax, because I rarely need more preamps and buying something with so many would make no sense. I would rather spend more cash on one super-expensive preamp for vocals/acoustic instruments and cheaper multichannel preamp for when i need them.