control audio source input and output levels with midi

Hi, I’m looking for a way to control the source levels of my audio input sources and output levels with midi or some other kind of remote. Could you please help?

I’m using a Focusrite 18i20 scarlet interface and it works great, but I need to move the knobs on the interface to change any of my input volumes. There are several different locations in my studio where play music while streaming live and I want to be able to change the source levels of the microphones and instruments from wherever I am, without needing to stop and walk to the interface.

Is there any way to control the volumes of the input sources with a midi controller? I called up Focusrite and they said that there isn’t for this interface, but I’m wondering: are there are any external devices, third party solutions, DIY hacks or different interfaces that do allow this kind of remote control? A way to control it with midi would be best, but I’m open to whatever type solution.

Also, I’m planning to purchase a headphone amplifier to increase my headphone volume and would like to be able to control this remotely as well (preferable with midi) . Is this possible? Or do i need to purchase a special kind of headphone amp that has a remote functionality built in with the hardware?

Thanks, Dan

Recording level is determined by analog gain setting so somehow you'll have to find a way to remote control an analog parameter.

Some audio interfaces allow you to adjust the mic preamp gain in software, you would have to see if there are ways to use a MIDI control surface to adjust those gains?

Some audio interfaces come with remotes such as Apogee Element or RME (USB ARC).