How to download directly to external drive

In the recent past anyway creating symbolic links on the boot drive that mapped folders onto a different drive, making them appear as if local, worked. I mean that Logic content would go directly to the desired drive and not to your boot drive. A symbolic link is more than an alias. It's easy to create using a terminal session if you read up on it.

Never mind. Details withdrawn.

It doesn't matter where you download it. You can specify the path within the Toontrack Manager. The only issue is, when you download from the browser to another folder, that is not specified in the Manager, it won't find it, thus it will redownload the whole chunk. So I recommend to work only with the Manager.

The installation path can be defined during the installation process. It doesn't correlate at all with the download folder. There are two installation folders: App & Sample Data

Both installation paths are set the first time when you install the instrument itself. I have the app on the internal drive, and the sample data on an external drive. Next time when add an expansion, the installer remembers the path, no worries there. The same works when you install an update of the app. No worries about rembering the path.

So I recommend to make up your mind before you install the first time: Where do the sample data go? Internal or external?