which ones work the best and are compatible with Pro Logic X?

Would anyone consider having a control surface or physical mixer AND if so, which ones work the

best and are compatible with Pro Logic X?

I would think that it might sometimes be handy to have physical controls instead of sliding things

on a screen ( I know..... That's what the MIXER is for in Pro Logic - But just thought I'd get your opinions).

Drawback is.... takes up more real estate on the desk (It's probably personal taste).

Thanks.....

It's really a personal decision. It's useful to have physical faders if you like to move multiple things at once, for example raise a fader while you turn a knob... or move two faders at the same time... can't do that with a mouse.

Or if you do a lot of live automation.

But not everybody needs a control surface, many people do just fine without one.

If you do decide to go for a control surface, make sure you get one with motorized faders such as the Mackie MCU for example.

I recently added a Behringer X-Touch to my setup and in all honesty I can't fault it at all.

I am aware that Behringer don't have a great reputation regarding reliability but in the 6 months that I have been using the X-Touch and 3 years or so that I have been using their FCB 1010 foot controller I have found both to be reasonably sturdy units.

Importantly the X-Touch works with Logic straight out of the box - Logic sees it as an MCU.

The company have a lot of demonstration videos on YouTube hosted by Phil Gates and he usually uses Logic for the demonstrations.

HTH,

Alan.