Which Mastering Software

Hi there

I have used Waveburner until now but since the latest OS update it is no longer working and I have to find a replacement.

I am not really interested in a plugin-suite as much as a program similar to Waveburner (AU compatible). I have all the top range mastering plugins from Universal, Plugin Alliance, Sonnox etc so what I need is a program that let's me use these both on individual tracks and on the master (exactly like Waveburner).

I would also like it to be able to create/export and read/import DDP files, the latter being an improvement over Waveburner.

Which program should I get, it is for professional use and the main production is not electronic but based on "real" instruments. I say the latter because I find that electronic musicians often drift towards stuff like Ozone which is fine for some things but I do find that the plugins that I have are better suited for the kind of music that I produce.

PS I have worked in the industry for 30 years so I am quite experienced in these matters but I simply haven't kept up with this side of the business

Let me know what you think....

Henrik

As I understood the question Ozone won't fit the bill as you're not able to edit tracks, create, export and import DDP files, etc.

Henrik, it sounds like you should take a look at Wavelab Pro from Steinberg:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/wavelab/start.html

You'll need to install VST versions of your AU plug-ins/UAD, but that shouldn't be a problem. I believe you'll need to do it manually for UAD (there's a guide somewhere).

Alternatively you can do all processing and editing in Logic Pro X and then export files to Sonoris DDP Creator. Less flexible if you like to process, edit/do segues all in one program.

DSP-Quattor is another option, but even though I bought it I don't use it. Too fiddly and somewhat buggy.