iMac Pro...December 14th

My apologies if this has already been posted.

December 14th will be the day when the public can purchase Apple's new iMac Pro. Base price model is $5,000...8-core Xeon CPU, 32GB of RAM, an 8GB Radeon Pro Vega GPU and 1TB SSD. Not user-upgradable either apparently. Customizable, through Apple, up to an 18-core Xeon chip, 128GB of RAM, 16GB GPU, and 4TB hard drive.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3242187/macs/imac-pro-shipping-december-14-ram.html

Price is insane... sorry Apple, but you're nuts!

IMO the price makes sense only for pros whose job means that the extra power of this machine means they'll be able to charge more or work faster to the point that the machine will earn them enough extra money to make up the price difference with a "reasonable" Mac. And for musician, my guess is, that's probably about 1% of the market. But yes, if your studio brings in $5k a day then it's a worthy investment.

Price is insane... sorry Apple, but you're nuts!

IMO the price makes sense only for pros whose job means that the extra power of this machine means they'll be able to charge more or work faster to the point that the machine will earn them enough extra money to make up the price difference with a "reasonable" Mac. And for musician, my guess is, that's probably about 1% of the market. But yes, if your studio brings in $5k a day then it's a worthy investment.

Dammit, my studio brings only 4.7k a day... not enough for the pro :D