Last Ozone 8 question

I downloaded the Ozone 8 Demo, and it is pretty cool, but the more I used it and studied what it's doing, a few thoughts popped in my head :)

It uses a chain of Modules, which to me are simply various plugins.

Why can't I just use the same chain, but use my own comparable UAD and Waves plugins instead?

If so, why would one (me) buy Ozone instead of just doing it yourself?

The idea of a modular system is to save CPU power. You do not have to use all the modules. Every song has its own identity and requires its own smoothing and molding into a finished song. As I’ve said before, it’s a powerful tool that provides a great starting point, due to its ability to analyse the song for you.

We all come up with our own work flows. You have to find yours :).

Edited by Makzimia

We all come up with our own work flows. You have to find yours :).

Well, there's my problem :)

Please believe me in that I'm not arguing with you about the merits of Ozone, I think it's great!

I'm just struggling with the concept of "it's great starting point" because if it's not the sound I like/want, and I have to tweak it, why can't I use my plugins as a starting point, and then tweak the sound as well?

As usual with me, in the end it all boils down to money :)

Using the plugins I have, and buying a few Waves Plugins at their currently low sale prices, I could save some money by going that route

but...............................................................................

Ozone 8 is on sale for $199.00, so that wouldn't kill me if I bought it :)

Thanks!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

If you have your own plugins that work, it makes no sense in using ozone. you can do perfectly fine with logic.

as far as ozone goes: The Maximer has one of the best digital limiters available - they don't leave any inter-sample peaks. (Voxengo does, as did FabFilter Pro-L (v1)). Also the multiband imager is great imo. Other modules, i dont care about that much. Tape in my opinion is better from u-he, so is compressor.