Best for Auditioning / Scanning Audio Samples in Mac OS?

Hey all. Got a question about auditioning samples.

My method so far has been to simply open a folder of samples (of kicks / snares / hats), select a sample hit and press the space bar to trigger / audition the sample, then just arrow up or down the entire folder to hear each sample one after another in a rapid succession.

The ones I like, I highlight for later use...so that I can later load them in a sampler or drag them to a session. This USED TO work great. Snow leopard 10.6 was fast as hell at this. You could scan hundreds of samples per minute. For sound designers this is essential for workflow.

Now here's the problem:

Now that I made the upgrade to Sierra (on new faster machine), this audition function in 'Finder' is useless for sample hits!

1) it loads slow as hell (5 times slower)

2) to trigger the same sample a second time, it cuts off or fades up the first few milliseconds of the audio playback, so you can't hear the attack transient!

Any suggestions for another way to audition sample packs? 3rd party apps to scan through audio files rapidly and color code / mark them for later use? Can Logic do this well?

FYI: not a hardware problem. Issue replicates across multiple Mac models with Sierra. It SEEMS the newer operating systems are simply less streamlined when it comes to things like this.

What I miss about AudioFinder, that it is not integrated in Logic, for example as a plugin.

Another solution, in case you've got Battery 4. You can use its sample browser.

Create a MIDI region triggering one note. Go into B4, select the cell in it, then browse thru your samples with keyboard arrows. Or load up 128 samples by drag and drop into B4, then just move up/down the MIDI notes (manually with the mouse or with the shortcuts).