Bass and kicks

I need help with my kicks and bass line.

First, I’m using this “kick” sample it’s a perfect sound, although it makes output cracks when it plays with other sounds. I’ve tired compressor and Chan EQ idk if there’s another way to keep the sounds way it is and make output stable. The kick is not even loud.

Second, I’m using “ES2” for bass. Anybody knows how to make better bass for trap bassline? I love deep and low but simple bass

Please help me out fam! Trynna make some dope beats.

It reads like your mix or channel volumes are way too hot. What do the channel meter and master meter read? Do you use a processing plugin (like EQ, compressor, limiter, etc.) on the master channel? If yes, turn it off and listen back. Is the "crack" already in the original sound and is maybe just pronounced more after processing.

I'm a bit baffled that a sample doesn't sound steadily and even. It should, unless there is something else going on in the synth/sampler plugin. What do you use? Do you have the velocities of all notes, that are triggering the kick sample, at the same value (probably maxed)? Does the kick sounds even when you listen to it solo? Maybe another sound makes it "uneven" in the mix.

For low simple basses start with a sine, just one oscillator. The more oscillator you use, the higher the risk of having "detuning effects", that will make the bass wide and mushy and less focused. Or you can choose saw or pulse and then set the cutoff way down, maybe raise the resonance to push the cutoff frequency (works great when you play the same note).