Best keyboard+laptop stands?

Hi!

I’m looking for a stand to combine my MacBook Pro 15” with a keyboard. For now when playing live I only use a small keyboard, like one of the Akais with 25 keys. But the needs change along with set list changes. Therefore a flexible stand that can be retracted and pulled apart to fit a keyboard of different sizes would be preferable. Any suggestions? ☺️

Kindly,

Joachim

I am still toying around with options, but I'm leaning more and more towards keeping my MBP behind me somewhere or out of the way... then I will velcro an ipad to the top of my keyboard and use either Logic Remote or remote desktop to control mainstage remotely. I still need to buy an ipad to say more, but that's what I am leaning towards and after studying up on what LogicRemote can do with Mainstage, I think it will probably do everything I need to do while playing live, and in the rare situation where I need to actually access the MBP directly, it will either be behind me, or else I will use remote desktop from the Ipad to do so.

I am still toying around with options, but I'm leaning more and more towards keeping my MBP behind me somewhere or out of the way... then I will velcro an ipad to the top of my keyboard and use either Logic Remote or remote desktop to control mainstage remotely. I still need to buy an ipad to say more, but that's what I am leaning towards and after studying up on what LogicRemote can do with Mainstage, I think it will probably do everything I need to do while playing live, and in the rare situation where I need to actually access the MBP directly, it will either be behind me, or else I will use remote desktop from the Ipad to do so.

Ok. But this has nothing to do with my question. At all. I’m asking for a laptop+keyboard stand. Didn’t you read my question? Sorry man, but it’s very annoying asking questions and people just don’t care about reading them.

Anyone who can help answering my actual question?

I just got the K+M Omega Keyboard Stand. It's a table style. It's everything I didn't know I needed, lol.

They have a laptop stand accessory that looks pretty nifty.

Ok! This one?

https://www.k-m.de/en/mobile/mobile/overview/p_action/index

Except for a laptop accessory (which one, don’t they have several?) what other accessories do you have for your keyboard(s)? I mean, since the Omega Keyboard stand is just a frame?

Your link didn't work for me, joachim_s, so here is a link to the B&H website. Underneath the description, click on accessories, and you will see on the right hand side categories of what the proper accessories are that go with the keyboard. You want to look under Stands&Supports. You can add a laptop holder, a mic boom, a sheet music holder, and an accessory pole that you can attach an iPod holder.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1206649-REG/k_m_18810_015_91_omega_table_style_keyboard_stand.html

i've been considering this (for a 13" macbook pro and an akai midimix). the top width is adjustable, and could alternately hold my mbp and a 25key xkey...

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01BWM5DVA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IOXFKO2Z3HB16&colid=130F9X11JSK92&psc=0

That looks great! How do you find these things? ☺️

I’ll just have to look in on the measurements for my needs: 15” + 25-49 keyed controller.

Your link didn't work for me, joachim_s, so here is a link to the B&H website. Underneath the description, click on accessories, and you will see on the right hand side categories of what the proper accessories are that go with the keyboard. You want to look under Stands&Supports. You can add a laptop holder, a mic boom, a sheet music holder, and an accessory pole that you can attach an iPod holder.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1206649-REG/k_m_18810_015_91_omega_table_style_keyboard_stand.html

This is a also a great solution! Albeit, a bit heavy maybe. I’ll check it out and get back to you. Thanks!

i've been considering this (for a 13" macbook pro and an akai midimix). the top width is adjustable, and could alternately hold my mbp and a 25key xkey...

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01BWM5DVA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IOXFKO2Z3HB16&colid=130F9X11JSK92&psc=0

That looks great! How do you find these things? ☺️

I’ll just have to look in on the measurements for my needs: 15” + 25-49 keyed controller.

seriously, i do a lot of hunting to find the very-specific things i want (weird portable usb hubs, performance stands). no way that could hold a 49-key controller; only a mini-key 25-key one (or, as mentioned, my cme xkey25).

I used a gorilla projector stand with tripod bottom, with an additional rack bolted on the back for laptop support - then some drunk idiot came to speak to me one night and leant on the stand and nearly sent it all flying, so i picked one of these up as it was cheap, i had little money and needed a replacement:-

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Deluxe-2-Tier-Keyboard-Stand-by-Gear4music-B-Stock/1MN7

Much better and stable, folds up super quick once you're used to it and was a steal for the price (i got one of the B Stocks :) ), also the angles are really good on top tier if you ever play during the day and need to tip from the sunlight to buy you 2% more readability lol, likewise if it's a bit wet and spray is coming your way you can tip forwards more (Legs independently adjust) and stick a cover/umbrella/carboard box/spaced out hippy over the back!