How to get a better Guitar sound composed in MIDI

Hi,

I'm a newbie in Logic (I'm using it since August/2017) to compose my songs alone.

Considering that I have to compose all instruments (I'm bass player) I'm using a lot of MIDI.

I can classified my compositions around instrumental rock / post rock and I really appreciate a more organic/acoustic sounds (that fits better to what I have in mind).

My main problem is to achieve a good guitar sound (once is MIDI).

I research some solutions in internet and tried some tips:

- I tried to convert MIDI to wave and than apply plugins

- I used "Humanize" in EDIT>MIDI

- I make some notes sounds a little more to give a sense of lick, slide

- I tried to add some reverb to give ambience

Even though those resources make the sound better, it still evident that is a MIDI Guitar.

Here is an example of my track: https://shorelinetales.bandcamp.com/track/eixo-norte-sul-fronteiras-ao-redor-2

Can anyone have tips or detailed tutorials to help me on that?

Another specific issue:

- How can I make a SLIDE in MIDI Guitar composition. I saw a tutorial indicating to use GLIDE (in EXS24). I tried this but even though I selected only one note, it applied to all notes on the track. It doesn't sound reasonable that I have to create one specific track to draw only the notes that I want to "glide". Does anyone know a better method (or how can I apply it to few notes)?

PS: I use LOGIC PRO X

honestly, if you want a real guitar sound, you should use a real guitar. some instruments seem undoable from the keyboard (the sax is another);

still... i've used 'realguitar' for years, but it's just never the same (and i've finally abandoned it). but check out a plugin like that, at least. you can control slides, mutes.... etc.

honestly, if you want a real guitar sound, you should use a real guitar. some instruments seem undoable from the keyboard (the sax is another);

still... i've used 'realguitar' for years, but it's just never the same (and i've finally abandoned it). but check out a plugin like that, at least. you can control slides, mutes.... etc.

Hi Fisherking,

Thanks for the tip.

I understand that it will never be the same. But unfortunately I have some limitations, mainly the budget and the fact that I'm not a guitar player. I'm sure that I ll never get the same sound as a guitar player... but I'm also sure that I can achieve a better result than what I have until now ;-)

I'll take a look in this Real Guitar ;-) Thanks