boundary mic stereo

I have a boundary mic which I have set to Omni-directional plugged into an Apogee Quartet then Logic Pro X.

The boundary mic has one mono jack.

It tries to record in stereo and looks for 2 inputs – it wont work in mono - but of course, it only records on one side / one channel.

How do I get it to record left and right? Is it a case of just using a splitter and plugging it into 2 channels or is there another way?

I feel I should know this so hope its not a stupid question.

It tries to record in stereo and looks for 2 inputs – it wont work in mono

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but it does not "try" or "look for" anything, you're the one deciding what you do in Logic. Independently of what devices you've connected, you are free to choose to record onto a mono or a stereo audio track. In this case you're recording a mono source, so it should be recorded onto a mono track. Create a mono track (choose a single input) with the input # where you've plugged the cable on your audio interface, R-enable and press record.

As long as you keep the pan centered, you'll get sound out of both speakers, giving you the perception of a sound centered in the stereo field.