route iTunes or any mac system audio into Logic 10.4

I'm hoping this forum is still active. I've seen videos on how you can do this with the Apollo, but not logic, and I can't believe there's no way of doing this without the use of utilities like Soundcloud or Loopback.

I need to somehow use Logic 10.4 as my live FOH Mixer. I'm a one man show singing and playing to pre-recorded tracks streaming from iTunes.

I have a Presonus 1818VSL. The VSL is no longer supported on any recent OS X so I must use Logic or Mianstage as my Virtual mixing console. In the Presonus VSL system output was routed directly into virtual ADAT inputs and I had full control of them using the fader in VSL. Now the 1818 is class compliant so I can still use it. I just can no longer use their VSL software to provide me with their virtual mixer, so I'm trying to find a way to do this in Logic 10.4.

Bottom line, I need to route the mac's system audio output into Logic X so I can assign it to a channel strip and add processing to it..

Is there any way to do this? Could I utilize the "environment" to somehow create this channel?

Help! I don't want to have to go back to Mavericks

I'll try it, but I don't even remember how I used this in the past. what do I assign the system output to? Sound flower 2 ch? I know I have to create an aggregate output to include the 1818 and sound flower, but I cannot select that aggregate as an Input in logic, only as an output. Any tips?

here's what I've done so far. system output is sound flower 2ch,

audio/midi I've created a multi output which includes the 1818 and the 2ch sound flower

I go into Logic, and under output I have "multi-output device"

under Input I only have sound flower,1818,and built in ....

Not sure why you are experiencing this. It should work just fine.

You can also use the Soundflower driver alone without using an aggregate device. The draw back is that you can not listen to what you are recording.

One thing before you keep doing this.

There is an updated version of universal control that supports the 1818VSL, have you tried it?

AudioBox 1818VSL | Downloads | PreSonus

you don't need an aggregate device - set Logic Audio prefs to audio in= Soundflower and audio out =whatever you want.

Use the latest Soundflower release. To receive system sound into Logic go to Apple Menu system settings or click-hold on the speaker icon to access sound prefs. There you set system out to soundflower (2 channels for example) so the system would route the audio out to Soundflower. Logic audio in set to sound flower receives the sys sound and outputs it to where you want (not sound flower obviously) - use your audio interface.

Universal Control is only good for updating firmware for whatever reason since the 1818 is class compliant and doesn't require drivers. It in no way helps my cause.

Not sure why you are experiencing this. It should work just fine.

You can also use the Soundflower driver alone without using an aggregate device. The draw back is that you can not listen to what you are recording.

One thing before you keep doing this.

There is an updated version of universal control that supports the 1818VSL, have you tried it?

AudioBox 1818VSL | Downloads | PreSonus

Universal Control is only good for updating firmware for whatever reason since the 1818 is class compliant and doesn't require drivers. It in no way helps my cause.

That's not good.

Anyway…

Can you post a screenshot of your aggregate device here?

aggregate.png.1596546a7303b8d581d9388a1d13ff7e.png

1888455797_systemoutput.png.b71e09715d36f692b21c8a90aa956a7b.png

1674197712_systeminput.png.1f5f6885cfafb30ebdf3aa0ed601d338.png

398233197_logicinput.png.ed9f279ee2ba51597325d44c721c960b.png

1149903530_logicoutput.png.d2990a5ea15682f912311476e8206979.png