Calling all delay experts

Hello, one of my guilty pleasures is an intense fondness for the music of British psychonauts: Ozric Tentacles. One of their trademark sounds is the use of multiple delay effects on both guitar and synth lines. Often the effects achieve a kind of syncopation, apparently with the use of dotted note time settings. A prime example of this is the intro to "Dissolution" from the "Pungent Effulgent" album as heard here:

I have quite a range of delay plugins installed within Logic Pro X. Can anyone help me with a reasonable patch using one or more of these plugins to achieve the sound I'm looking for?

If there are any problems with the legality of the Youtube link, then I think that this Spotify link should reach the same track:

Thanks in advance, Carl.

• 1 month later...

It sounds like a dotted 8th delay on the guitar, similar to what The Edge is known for. Most delay plugins can sync to the tempo host so that you can work in sub-divisions rather than milli-seconds. The trick is to play an 8th note only rhythm, so that the delay will sound a dotted 8th later.

- explained here

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/288371182380617944/ - visual

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, thanks for the reply and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. My email client stuck the notification from this forum in the Spam folder! I think you're right, further experimentation has led me to use tempo sync combined with a 3/16 setting which I think may mean the same thing as a dotted 8th. It sounds quite good in any case!