How to make a YouTube video

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend resources for learning the technical aspects of making a YouTube video? I need the basics. eg. Which software/hardware is required? How to sync prerecorded music to a screen capture etc. etc.....

Everything I've found, so far, has lacked depth.

Thanks in advance.

I have both Apple's Final Cut Pro X and Adobe's Premiere Pro CC. Both have templets that create files which are YouTube friendly. I believe those files are MP4 files (if I remember correctly). Exporting a video-file to YouTube is not difficult. The challenge is creating an informative, well-researched, well-crafted, well-produced and engaging video so that other members want to come back and see more of your videos. For good or for bad, the "competition" is fierce! LOL! There are many, many, many video-loggers on YouTube. Heck, there are MANY YouTube videos on how to create YouTube videos!!! LOL! Edited by efiebke

Thanks, efiebke. Yes, I've found a number of videos on YouTube but they've either not been basic enough or they haven't been detailed enough. I was hoping that someone could supply a link to something they found useful for a beginner. Content is a completely separate issue at the moment.

You can make Youtube videos with iMovie. Should be on in your Applications folder if you bought a new mac at some point.

You share them with one click.

But if you want more editing features with audio and video files, Final Cut Pro is the cheapest and less complicated to use.

There's many tutorials on youtube

It turns out I was seriously overestimating the complexity of making a video, assuming that I would need a whole host of software/hardware. It seems all I need is my iPhone & iMovie. Once I searched with the correct phrases, I discovered all the information I could ever need. Apologies for trying everyones' patience with this one.